Emmy-ward winning Black Mirror‘s creator Charlie Brooker has chosen Claire North, Cory Doctorow and Sylvain Neuvel to write original stories for the first Black Mirror prose anthology.
Published by Penguin Random House, this will be a three-volume series of original fiction with novella-length stories from leading names within the literary world. The first volume, to be published in February 2018, will see all-original stories in the style of the sci-fi show, with soon to be revealed plotlines.
Speaking after the announcement of the collection, Black Mirror creator Charlie Brooker said: “All-new Black Mirror stories from exciting authors – that’s a joyous prospect. And they’re appearing in a high-tech new format known as a ‘book’. Apparently you just have to glance at some sort of ‘ink code’ printed on paper and images and sounds magically appear in your head, enacting the story. Sounds far-fetched to me, but we’ll see.”
Cory Doctorow is a co-editor of Boing Boing and a columnist for Locus. His award-winning novel Little Brother was a New York Times bestseller. Born and raised in Canada, he lives in Los Angeles.
Claire North is the pen name for the Carnegie-nominated Catherine Webb. She is the bestselling author of The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August. She lives in London.
Sylvain Neuvel is the author of the Themis Files trilogy: Sleeping Giants, Waking Gods, and the upcoming Only Human. Sleeping Giants has been optioned by Sony Pictures for development into a film and was sold for translation into twenty languages. He lives in Montreal.
- Brits Are Getting Gruesome Context For Guy Fawkes Night From BBC’s Gunpowder - October 22, 2017
- Will Monday Bring Confirmation That MCM And Reed Expo Are Getting Together? - October 22, 2017
- Mark Gatiss And Michael Sheen Finally Make Hammer’s The Unquenchable Thirst Of Dracula - October 22, 2017
- The Unpublished? DC Comics Cancels ‘The Unwritten’ Book 2 - October 22, 2017
- A Familiar Character Is Set To Discover That Peter Parker Is Spider-Man – Again (SPOILER) - October 22, 2017