It turns out she’ll be back too. It was announced today on The Hollywood Reporter that Linda Hamilton is making her return to the Terminator franchise. After twenty-five years and skipping three installments, Hamilton will join director James Cameron and Arnold Schwarzenegger as the team is brought together yet again.
“As meaningful as she was to gender and action stars everywhere back then, it’s going to make a huge statement to have that seasoned warrior that she’s become return.” He adds, “There are 50-year-old, 60-year-old guys out there killing bad guys, but there isn’t an example of that for women.”
We don’t know that much about this movie so far and it seems like pre-production is really just starting to get underway. This movie is being directed by Deadpool director Tim Miller since Cameron is too busy shooting approximately 1284 Avatar sequels. The old cast aren’t the only one’s that Cameron is bringing in though.
“We’re starting a search for an 18-something woman to be the new centerpiece of the new story,” Cameron said. “We still fold time. We will have characters from the future and the present. There will be mostly new characters but we’ll have Arnold and Linda Hamilton’s characters to anchor it.”
In a movie about time travel it really makes sense that they’ll just roll with that and have a old and new versions of characters running around. It’s sort of like what X-Men did in Days of Future Past only it sounds like this is going to have those characters interact. The Hollywood Reporter is also saying that they’ll be treating this installment like a direct sequel to Judgement Day which makes sense. Might as well use the last movie everyone liked as your stepping stone.
- TMNT Gets New Monster Mash Up Figures In Time For Halloween
- Director J.A. Bayona and Composer Michael Giacchino Talk the Score for Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - June 16, 2018
- Benicio del Toro Wants to Return as the Collector and Work with the Grandmaster - June 16, 2018
- Sicario: Day of the Soldado Talks Bringing Emily Blunt Back for a 3rd Movie - June 16, 2018
- Ant-Man and the Wasp Star Michelle Pfeiffer Was “Pleasantly Surprised” by the First Movie - June 16, 2018
- Incredibles 2 is a Force to be Reckoned with as it Brings in $71.6M on Friday - June 16, 2018