Dark Horse Comics has a strong business history in publishing “Art Of” coffee table books delving into artwork behind major gaming franchises.
And, after twenty years of publication in Japan, Dark Horse and Konami are going to publish in one volume, The Art of Metal Gear Solid I–IV series, in English for the first time.
The Art of Metal Gear Solid I–IV contains two historic volumes of concept and key art from Yoji Shinkawa, art director and illustrator behind Metal Gear Solid, MGS2: Sons of Liberty, MGS3: Snake Eater, MGS4: Guns of the Patriots, and MGS: Peace Walker. This definitive chronicle of characters, vehicles, and weapons is the ultimate companion to the tactical espionage and future warfare of Hideo Kojima’s celebrated Metal Gear universe, translated to English for the first time ever while leaving the original Japanese handwriting intact. Japanese publisher, Shinkigensha, is the original publisher of The Art of Metal Gear Solid I–IV.
The Art of Metal Gear Solid I–IV is a two-book set in a slipcase and includes The Art of Metal Gear Solid I–IV and Peace Walker Gallery Works and Studio Works., totaling 800 pages. It will sit alongside Dark Horse’s upcoming The Art of Metal Gear Solid V.
The Art of Metal Gear Solid I–IV goes on sale May next year. The Art of Metal Gear Solid V is on sale in November this year.
- AfterShock Launches New Anthology Comic, Shock, with Neil Gaiman, Marc Guggenheim, Jim Starlin, Charles Vess and More - December 12, 2017
- Hunt for Suspected Murderer of Francis Manapul’s Sister-in-Law, Tess Richey, in Toronto - December 11, 2017
- Jeremy Bastian Gets Positively Biblical with Second Judas Variant Cover - December 11, 2017
- San Diego Comic-Con Settled with Mormon Church Companies 2 Years Ago - December 11, 2017
- Marvel Liquidates Almost Another 200 Graphic Novels and TPBs to Retailers – S to Z - December 11, 2017