Dark Horse Comics has a strong business history in publishing “Art Of” coffee table books delving into artwork behind major gaming franchises.
And, after twenty years of publication in Japan, Dark Horse and Konami are going to publish in one volume, The Art of Metal Gear Solid I–IV series, in English for the first time.
The Art of Metal Gear Solid I–IV contains two historic volumes of concept and key art from Yoji Shinkawa, art director and illustrator behind Metal Gear Solid, MGS2: Sons of Liberty, MGS3: Snake Eater, MGS4: Guns of the Patriots, and MGS: Peace Walker. This definitive chronicle of characters, vehicles, and weapons is the ultimate companion to the tactical espionage and future warfare of Hideo Kojima’s celebrated Metal Gear universe, translated to English for the first time ever while leaving the original Japanese handwriting intact. Japanese publisher, Shinkigensha, is the original publisher of The Art of Metal Gear Solid I–IV.
The Art of Metal Gear Solid I–IV is a two-book set in a slipcase and includes The Art of Metal Gear Solid I–IV and Peace Walker Gallery Works and Studio Works., totaling 800 pages. It will sit alongside Dark Horse’s upcoming The Art of Metal Gear Solid V.
The Art of Metal Gear Solid I–IV goes on sale May next year. The Art of Metal Gear Solid V is on sale in November this year.
- Michael B. Jordan Really Wanted to Play T’Challa in Black Panther - February 24, 2018
- 42 Exclusive Comics at ECCC 2018 from Aspen, Dark Horse, Boom, DC, Oni, Valiant, Vault, and More - February 24, 2018
- ComiXology Bestseller List, February 24th, 2018 – Batman Poisons Its Ivy - February 24, 2018
- Cult Classic: Return to Whisper #1 Out This Week… for the Very First Time - February 24, 2018
- Matthew Rosenberg to Write New Multiple Man Comic for Marvel? - February 24, 2018