We finally have a trailer for the Tomb Raider reboot and with it comes a featurette that shows how star Alicia Vikander got in shape and ready to be an action star.
She worked hard on this role and the fact that she talks about having to reshoot a scene because her skin was too blue from the cold to fix in post. We get to see a bunch of behind-the-scenes stuff and it looks like Vikander did a lot of her own stunts which is pretty awesome. She talks about being a fan of the game as a kid and she’s mentioned in previous interviews that she enjoyed the last round of movies as well.
At the moment it looks like this movie is going to capture the visuals of the game really well since fans are comparing it to watching a Let’s Play. However, whether or not that’s going to be engaging is still on the table. Vikander says this is an origin story so they likely have a franchise in mind. It would be nice to see an action franchise lead by a woman now that Resident Evil has wrapped up.
Summary: Lara Croft, the fiercely independent daughter of a missing adventurer, must push herself beyond her limits when she finds herself on the island where her father disappeared.
Tomb Raider, directed by Roar Uthaug, stars Alicia Vikander, Walton Goggins, Dominic West, Hannah John-Kamen, and Daniel Wu. It will be released on March 18th, 2018.
- Watch: Alicia Vikander as Lara Croft in Brand-New Tomb Raider Trailer
- Square Enix Posts Update About New Tomb Raider Game
- Tomb Raider Review: The Physicality is Impressive but the Story is Lackluster - March 16, 2018
- Lashana Lynch in Final Talks to Join Captain Marvel - March 16, 2018
- DeWanda Wise Exits Captain Marvel Due to Scheduling Conflicts - March 15, 2018
- Danny Boyle Confirms He’s Working on Bond 25 - March 15, 2018
- [#SXSW 2018] The Director and the Jedi Review: A Fascinating and Joyous Documentary About Star Wars - March 12, 2018