We got notice from a press event that Linda Hamilton is coming back for Terminator 6. The Hollywood Reporter was at the event where director James Cameron made the announcement that Hamilton was returning. However, according to Borys Kit, he also confirmed something else.
Also…James Cameron finally begins shooting AVATAR 2 Monday.
— Borys Kit (@Borys_Kit) September 20, 2017
So it sounds like the Avatar sequels are finally getting off of the ground. We have four of these things coming up and the current reports say that they are going to be filming all four back to back. For someone like Zoe Saldana that means she’s going to be filming pretty much non-stop for the foreseeable future since Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 is going to be here before we know it. The question of whether or not we need four Avatar sequels (Editor’s note: we probably don’t) is still up in the air but it’ll be nice for these movies to finally get made. If nothing else so the specter of them can stop hanging over everyone involved and they can move on with their lives.
Avatar 2 will be released on December 18th, 2020. Avatar 3 will open December 17th, 2021, Avatar 4 is set of December 20th, 2024, and Avatar 5 will open December 19th, 2025.
- Next Avatar Film Is Like 'The Godfather', Says James Cameron
- CinemaCon Sony Presentation Live Blog - April 23, 2018
- Joe Russo Gave Tom Holland a Fake Avengers: Infinity War Script - April 19, 2018
- Colin Trevorrow Says Jurassic World 3 Will Be a “Science Thriller” like Jurassic Park - April 18, 2018
- Brad Bird Explains Why There Is No Time Jump in Incredibles 2 - April 18, 2018
- Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom – The New Direction While Remaining True to the Universe - April 18, 2018