We got notice from a press event that Linda Hamilton is coming back for Terminator 6. The Hollywood Reporter was at the event where director James Cameron made the announcement that Hamilton was returning. However, according to Borys Kit, he also confirmed something else.
Also…James Cameron finally begins shooting AVATAR 2 Monday.
— Borys Kit (@Borys_Kit) September 20, 2017
So it sounds like the Avatar sequels are finally getting off of the ground. We have four of these things coming up and the current reports say that they are going to be filming all four back to back. For someone like Zoe Saldana that means she’s going to be filming pretty much non-stop for the foreseeable future since Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 is going to be here before we know it. The question of whether or not we need four Avatar sequels (Editor’s note: we probably don’t) is still up in the air but it’ll be nice for these movies to finally get made. If nothing else so the specter of them can stop hanging over everyone involved and they can move on with their lives.
Avatar 2 will be released on December 18th, 2020. Avatar 3 will open December 17th, 2021, Avatar 4 is set of December 20th, 2024, and Avatar 5 will open December 19th, 2025.
- Next Avatar Film Is Like 'The Godfather', Says James Cameron
- Mile 22 Review: A Genuine Waste of Iko Uwais’s Talents - August 16, 2018
- Iron Fist Season 2: Simone Missick Comments on the Potential of a Danny/Misty Relationship - August 16, 2018
- Alpha Review: A Very Slow-Moving Survival Story - August 16, 2018
- New International Trailer for Goosebumps 2: Haunted Halloween - August 16, 2018
- Paul Walker’s Brothers Want His Character Back in the Fast and Furious Movies - August 16, 2018