Rumble was a comic by John Arcudi and James Harren published by Image Comics in 2014 about a scarecrow monster with a giant sword, questing for vengeance, and hapless humans who get caught up in it all, running through 15 issues until October 2016, with Dave Stewart on colours and covers.
A Scarecrow Warrior God walks into a bar…and proceeds to drag a modern American city into a ten-thousand-year-old grudge-match! A bizarre new adventure-complete with boozehound shamans, monster queens, and a football-fetching hydra!
Rathraq’s battle against the immortal monsters that killed him centuries ago takes a weird turn. Gradually, this rabid warmonger loses track of who his enemy is – and the formerly reluctant, levelheaded LaRosa gets drawn into the fray against a new kind of evil! Meanwhile, Cogan the trickster God plays both sides against each other – which has its own dangers. A strange, blood-spattered, unpredictable tale of anger and love that takes you from filthy city sewers to a prehistoric paradise where fantastic beasts and Gods fight over the birth of Humankind.
Well, in December 2017, it’s back.
With new artist David Rubin of Ether, Fiction, Black Hammer and Power Rangers taking over from James Harren. In a new storyline, Soul Without Pity, Rathraq is back! But who is he, exactly? Once an ancient warrior god, he was resurrected as a sword-wielding scarecrow. And now, Rathraq has transformed yet again-or has he?
Look for it on December 13th. Here are some previews as seen on AV Club.
- Hunt for Suspected Murderer of Francis Manapul’s Sister-in-Law, Tess Richey, in Toronto - December 11, 2017
- Jeremy Bastian Gets Positively Biblical with Second Judas Variant Cover - December 11, 2017
- San Diego Comic-Con Settled with Mormon Church Companies 2 Years Ago - December 11, 2017
- Marvel Liquidates Almost Another 200 Graphic Novels and TPBs to Retailers – S to Z - December 11, 2017
- DC Comics Liquidates Another 300 Graphic Novels and TPBs to Retailers – Mostly Vertigo - December 11, 2017