Well, that didn’t take very long! On the 1st of September Ron Howard announced that Paul Bettany would be joining the cast of the possibly titled Han Solo: A Star Wars Story, and a mere 16 days later Bettany has apparently finished the role and is off set. Whatever role Bettany came in for must not have been very big.
— Ron Howard (@RealRonHoward) September 16, 2017
Howard posting pictures from the set is not an odd thing thing, but fans were quick to point out that they noticed something very odd in the corner of the picture.
— Niall Murray (@Niall_M2187) September 16, 2017
That certainly look like a piece of Mandalorian armor in the background there. It could be Boba Fett, but the reality is it could be any number of Mandalorians. There are a ton of characters in Star Wars with armor like that. It’s by no means a confirmation, but this is the closest we’ve seen to any sort of “spoiler” since Howard started posting pictures.
The Han Solo origin film, directed by Ron Howard, stars Alden Ehrenreich, Emilia Clarke, Donald Glover, Woody Harrelson, and Thandie Newton. It will be released May 25, 2018.
- Former Han Solo Directors Say The Experience Was “Wonderful” - November 20, 2017
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi – Admiral Holdo Challenges Female Boss Stereotypes - November 20, 2017
- Jason Momoa Defends Justice League From The Mean Old Critics - November 20, 2017
- The Last Jedi’s Admiral Holdo And Poe Dameron May Not See Eye To Eye - November 20, 2017
- Kelly Marie Tran Nearly Gave Up Acting Before She Was Cast In Star Wars: The Last Jedi - November 20, 2017