Well, that didn’t take very long! On the 1st of September Ron Howard announced that Paul Bettany would be joining the cast of the possibly titled Han Solo: A Star Wars Story, and a mere 16 days later Bettany has apparently finished the role and is off set. Whatever role Bettany came in for must not have been very big.
— Ron Howard (@RealRonHoward) September 16, 2017
Howard posting pictures from the set is not an odd thing thing, but fans were quick to point out that they noticed something very odd in the corner of the picture.
— Niall Murray (@Niall_M2187) September 16, 2017
That certainly look like a piece of Mandalorian armor in the background there. It could be Boba Fett, but the reality is it could be any number of Mandalorians. There are a ton of characters in Star Wars with armor like that. It’s by no means a confirmation, but this is the closest we’ve seen to any sort of “spoiler” since Howard started posting pictures.
The Han Solo origin film, directed by Ron Howard, stars Alden Ehrenreich, Emilia Clarke, Donald Glover, Woody Harrelson, and Thandie Newton. It will be released May 25, 2018.
- Runaways Season 2: First Image, Promo, and Synopsis - August 14, 2018
- Ryan Gosling Talks About Getting the Details Right in ‘First Man’ - August 14, 2018
- Crazy Rich Asians Review: One of the Best Romantic Comedies in Years - August 14, 2018
- Jimmy Wong and Doua Moua Join the Cast of Mulan as Ling and Po - August 14, 2018
- A Behind-the-Scenes Look at the Fight on Titan in Avengers: Infinity War - August 14, 2018