While Wonder Woman became one of the biggest superheroes over the summer, when it comes to who she is in Justice League, we could be looking at a very different character. We don’t know what Diana was doing all of those years between World War I and the present day — only that no one was aware of her existence. A person can change a lot in all of that time, and Gal Gadot talked to US Magazine about how this Diana is different from the one we saw in her solo movie a few months ago:
“She’s grown up — it’s been a century, after all! She’ll bring her specific qualities to a group dynamic, and she understands the enemy better than anyone else.”
It’s interesting that Gadot says that Diana understands this enemy better than anyone else. There is a lot of evidence that the Amazons fought Steppenwolf at some point in history, so maybe it was one of the many stories Diana heard as a child.
The dynamic between Bruce and Diana looks like it’s going to be interesting, and Gadot elaborates a bit on what we can expect from it:
“Since they’ve fought together, they know each other’s strengths. They also understand the hope Superman stood for, that was lost [when he died], so they feel that more than the others.”
The fun of a team-up movie is seeing how these characters bounce off of each other, so it’s going to be fun to see how Diana does against the varying personalities of her teammates.
Summary: Fueled by his restored faith in humanity and inspired by Superman’s selfless act, Bruce Wayne enlists the help of his newfound ally, Diana Prince, to face an even greater enemy.
Justice League, directed by Zack Snyder, stars Ben Affleck, Gal Gadot, Jason Momoa, Ezra Miller, Ray Fisher, and Henry Cavill. It will be released on November 17th.
- Avengers: Infinity War – Someone Pays the Price When Thanos Gets Another Infinity Stone - March 22, 2018
- Frank Oz Says Disney is Mishandling The Muppets - March 21, 2018
- Legion Season 2: A Bunch of Promos, Motion Posters, and Pictures - March 21, 2018
- John Boyega Talks About the Differences Between Filming Star Wars and Pacific Rim Uprising - March 20, 2018
- The First Trailer for Sicario 2: Soldado Looks Like a Barrel of Laughs - March 20, 2018