Several months ago, there were rumors that Matthew Vaughn was on the shortlist for Man of Steel 2. The rumors were debunked, and no one has really talked about the Superman sequel since. Vaughn is currently doing press rounds for Kingsman: The Golden Circle and recently spoke to Hey U Guys. He confirms that he’s been in talks for a Superman movie.
“I am planning another Kingman, I’ve written the treatment and some of the scenes…I don’t know what I’m going to do next but I have had chats about Superman, I love Superman.”
We also just got confirmation for a Kingsman 3, which means that Fox must be really happy with the work he’s done on the sequel. Vaughn went on to confirm that he’s a giant nerd, and if someone asked him to be part of any of the major nerd franchises, he’d be happy:
“If somebody asks me to do Indiana Jones, most of the superheroes or Star Wars the fanboy in me can’t help but be excited.”
If you want to make another X-Men movie, I think fans would be okay with that, Mr. Vaughn. If not, please keep making hilarious R-rated spy comedies.
Summary: When their headquarters are destroyed and the world is held hostage, the Kingsman’s journey leads them to the discovery of an allied spy organization in the US. These two elite secret organizations must band together to defeat a common enemy.
Kingsman: The Golden Circle, directed by Matthew Vaughn, stars Colin Firth, Julianne Moore, Taron Egerton, Mark Strong, Halle Berry, with Sir Elton John, Channing Tatum, and Jeff Bridges. It will be released on September 22nd.
- From Spider-Ham to Sinister Six Sony Isn’t Ruling Anything out for Future Movies - December 14, 2018
- First Details for the Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Sequel and Spin-Off are Confirmed - December 14, 2018
- Jason Momoa Comments on Henry Cavill and Ben Affleck Reportedly Leaving the DC Universe - December 13, 2018
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine Season 6: A New Promo and 17 New Cast and Promo Pictures - December 13, 2018
- Meet Spider-Man Noir in Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse in This New Clip - December 13, 2018