We have another cast member for The Happytime Murders and it’s a good one. The Hollywood Reporter has revealed that Community alumni Joel McHale has joined the puppet murder mystery.
McHale is playing a stern FBI agent who is working on the case.
The Happytime Murders have been in development hell since 2008 with many false starts. However, the movie is finally moving forward no doubt thanks to the change in demographics. There have always been cartoons and comics for an adult audience but they are becoming more and more mainstream by the day. The idea of an R-rated puppet movie isn’t something that could have made money in the mid 2000’s but well made R-rated movies make money now. As long as this one is budgeted correctly and has a great script it should make its money back no problem. August rarely has much in the way of competition so it’s likely The Happytime Murders will have an open field to play in.
Summary: When the puppet cast of an ’80s children’s TV show begins to get murdered one by one, a disgraced LAPD detective-turned-private eye puppet takes on the case.
The Happytime Murders, directed by Brian Henson, stars Melissa McCarthy, Maya Rudolph, Leslie David Baker, Bill Barretta, and Elizabeth Banks. It will be released on August 17th, 2018.
- [Review] 'The Happytime Murders' Had So Much Potential
- [Review] The Happytime Murders: An R-Rated Muppet Noir - Brilliant, Right? Nope.
- The Happytime Murders Review: Somehow Simultaneously Lazy and Trying Too Hard
- From Spider-Ham to Sinister Six Sony Isn’t Ruling Anything out for Future Movies - December 14, 2018
- First Details for the Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Sequel and Spin-Off are Confirmed - December 14, 2018
- Jason Momoa Comments on Henry Cavill and Ben Affleck Reportedly Leaving the DC Universe - December 13, 2018
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine Season 6: A New Promo and 17 New Cast and Promo Pictures - December 13, 2018
- Meet Spider-Man Noir in Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse in This New Clip - December 13, 2018