We have another cast member for The Happytime Murders and it’s a good one. The Hollywood Reporter has revealed that Community alumni Joel McHale has joined the puppet murder mystery.
McHale is playing a stern FBI agent who is working on the case.
The Happytime Murders have been in development hell since 2008 with many false starts. However, the movie is finally moving forward no doubt thanks to the change in demographics. There have always been cartoons and comics for an adult audience but they are becoming more and more mainstream by the day. The idea of an R-rated puppet movie isn’t something that could have made money in the mid 2000’s but well made R-rated movies make money now. As long as this one is budgeted correctly and has a great script it should make its money back no problem. August rarely has much in the way of competition so it’s likely The Happytime Murders will have an open field to play in.
Summary: When the puppet cast of an ’80s children’s TV show begins to get murdered one by one, a disgraced LAPD detective-turned-private eye puppet takes on the case.
The Happytime Murders, directed by Brian Henson, stars Melissa McCarthy, Maya Rudolph, Leslie David Baker, Bill Barretta, and Elizabeth Banks. It will be released on August 17th, 2018.
- [Review] 'The Happytime Murders' Had So Much Potential
- [Review] The Happytime Murders: An R-Rated Muppet Noir - Brilliant, Right? Nope.
- The Happytime Murders Review: Somehow Simultaneously Lazy and Trying Too Hard
- Aaron Taylor-Johnson Comments on Quicksilver’s Return for Avengers 4 - October 19, 2018
- Netflix Cancels Marvel’s Luke Cage After 2 Seasons - October 19, 2018
- Daredevil Season 3: 3 New Behind-the-Scenes Photos - October 19, 2018
- Check Out Some Armored Sharks in These New Aquaman Images - October 19, 2018
- Disney’s Jungle Cruise Gets Delayed 9 Months - October 19, 2018