Zenith was a British superhero comic book story that ran weekly in 2000AD in the eighties by Grant Morrison and Steve Yeowell, from original designs by Brendan McCarthy. Using the pop star motif for the lead character, as it delved into generational divide and national politics, you can see its strong influence in the likes of The Wicked + The Divine and The Authority. Zenith ran on and off from 1987 to 1992. A dispute between Morrison and 2000AD prevented any more, but after Rebellion bought 2000AD, they collected the originals despite legal objection.
2000 AD Prog 2050 is out on 27th September in the UK and Ireland, as well as world-wide digital, and 25th October in North America. It’s one of their 48-page jumping-on issues, with all new serialised stories beginning in the same issue.
Here’s the line-up, including a one-off Rogue Trooper story from James Robinson and Leonardo Manco.
JUDGE DREDD // ICON by TC Eglinton (w) Colin MacNeil (a), Chris Blythe (c) Annie Parkhouse (l)
ROGUE TROOPER // A SOLDIER’S DUTY by James Robinson (w) Leonardo Manco (a) Simon Bowland (l)
GREY AREA // HOMELAND SECURITY by Dan Abnett (w) Mark Harrison (a) Annie Parkhouse (l)
SLÁINE // ARCHON by Pat Mills (w) Simon Davis (a) Ellie De Ville (l)
INDIGO PRIME // A DYING ART by John Smith, Kek-W (w) Lee Carter (a) Simon Bowland (l)
SINISTER DEXTER // DOWN IN THE DUMPS by Dan Abnett (w) Steve Yeowell (a) John Charles (c) Ellie De Ville (l)
THE FALL OF DEADWORLD // HOME by Kek-W (w) Dave Kendall (a) Annie Parkhouse (l)
And yes, somehow, somewhere, somewhen there’s also a 30-year anniversary appearance of Zenith.
- Heroes & Villains Fan Fest New York 2017: Cosplay, Gotham, And Barrowman - September 23, 2017
- The AfterShock Table At Baltimore Comic-Con - September 23, 2017
- VIDEO: The (Almost) Full Black Crown Presentation At Thought Bubble 2017 With Cud, Sid Vicious’s Ghost, And Shelly Bond - September 23, 2017
- Five Black Mask Items For Local Comic Shop Day 2017 – Including DIY Lenticular Covers - September 23, 2017
- Walking Around All Of Thought Bubble 2017 From Marquee To Marquee - September 23, 2017