Okay, so doing a little joining up of the dots. It seems very possible now – indeed I can’t think of any other candidates – that the big return of an unnamed Marvel icon in Marvel Legacy #1 from Jason Aaron and Esad Ribic will be Jean Grey, The Phoenix. Presumably the adult incarnation. As recently seen in Generations: Jean Greys. And that may well tie-in to the Phoenix Force’s appearance in the Avengers 1,000,000 BC team who will appear in Marvel Legacy and who, in Generations: Thors was revealed to have been in a relationship with Odin, even though she no longer remembers it. And that will also be why Marvel’s December line will be full of Phoenix covers, again, presumably showing Marvel characters as if they were host to the Phoenix Force, and launch the new Phoenix Resurrection: The Return Of Jean Grey comic book by Matthew Rosenberg and Leinil Francis Yu.
I am also wondering now how this will tie into the mysterious Avengers #675 in January. When Jean Grey first came back from the dead it was in an issue of Avengers #263, as the cocoon containing the real Jean Grey was discovered in the ocean. Could this be another aspect of Marvel Legacy? Repeating what once worked? And might this also indicate that, as previously rumoured, this is the start of Jason Aaron and Edad Ribic’ rumoured run on The Avengers, from #675 in January?
Just joining together dots…
PHOENIX RESURRECTION RETURN JEAN GREY #1
(W) Matthew Rosenberg
(A/CA) Leinil Francis Yu
She will return, like a Phoenix from the ashes.
Years ago, Jean Grey died and the X-Men mourned her. Since then, the world has changed, her teammates have lived without her and died without her. And now, when strange events start happening all over the world, those teammates can only come to one conclusion – the one true Jean Grey is back!
In Shops: Dec 27, 2017
- Jean Grey #8 Review: Continues The Investigation, But Not A Good Jumping-On Point
- OK, It Seems Pretty Obvious Who Returns In Marvel Legacy Now – But How, And Why?
- Marvel Teases By Asking 'Who Is Voyager?' To Be Revealed After Marvel Legacy
- Buzz and Pat Broderick, the New Inker Ambassadors for the Inkwell Awards - January 16, 2018
- Old Man Hawkeye #1 and Venom #160 Go to Second Printings - January 16, 2018
- Neil Gaiman Announces Paperback of Norse Mythology for Tuesday, March 6th - January 16, 2018
- Finally – Frank Miller’s 300 Prequel, Xerxes, from Dark Horse Comics in April 2018 - January 16, 2018
- So… Why Is Marvel Not Cancelling Their Lowest-Selling Comics? - January 16, 2018