Here’s a way to save some money: hire guys like Chad Lowe who can come into your series as a guest star and a director as well. That is what Supergirl is going to be doing, but oddly enough, not in the same episode.
First, according to EW.com, Lowe will appear in the fourth episode of the season as Thomas Coville, a charismatic religious leader of a cult that worships Supergirl. He’s said to be a deeply religious man dedicated to preaching his faith and converting new followers. The episode is titled The Faithful.
Lowe, who has recently appeared on Pretty Little Liars, will then move behind the camera for the seventh episode of the season called Wake Up.
Lowe got his start opposite his brother Rob Lowe in the film Oxford Blues and then went on to start in television series Spencer, Life Goes On, Melrose Place, Now And Again, ER, 24 and most recently Pretty Little Liars. This is not his first trip into the DC Universe, either, voicing the character of Captain Marvel in the animated Young Justice series. He’s also done extensive work behind the camera, helming episodes of Law & Order: SVU, Without A Trace, Brothers And Sisters, 15 episodes of Bones, 5 episodes of Life in Pieces and 15 episodes of Pretty Little Liars. He definitely seems qualified.
Other new faces joining Supergirl Season 3 include Odette Annable as Reign, Adrian Pasdar as Morgan Edge, and Carl Lumbly as M’yrnn J’onzz. Erica Durance also replaces Laura Benanti as Alura.
There is no Thomas Coville in DC Comics that I can find — but there is one who is a famous French yacht racer. Probably not connected.
Supergirl Season 3 debuts October 9th on The CW.
- Writer’s Commentary: Crystal Frasier Talks Pathfinder: Spiral of Bones #1 - March 21, 2018
- Suits Promotes Amanda Schull to Series Regular for Season 8 - March 21, 2018
- Bids to Buy Carolina Panthers Have Reportedly Reached $2.5 Billion - March 21, 2018
- Marvel’s Daredevil Season 3: Jay Ali of The Fosters Joins the Cast - March 21, 2018
- Hallmark Will Debut 34 New Christmas Movies This Year - March 21, 2018