Wonder Woman 2 has a director in Patty Jenkins, finally, and now they’ve brought on someone else to help with the script. Dave Callaham, whose previous writing credits include The Expendables and 2014’s Godzilla, will help Jenkins and Geoff Johns write the script according to The Hollywood Reporter.
The plot is being kept a secret, for now, but the rumors suggest that this movie will take place several decades after the first one with the common location being cited a the Cold War. There are also rumors that we’re going to get to see the invisible jet.
Jenkins and Callaham already have a strong working relationship, and it was Jenkins that brought the writer into the fold. Jenkins was working with him on Jackpot, an English-language adaptation of a book by Jo Nesbo; that project was gearing up to be Jenkins’ next movie before she took on the assignment to direct Wonder Woman.
Now that we have a director and a co-writer we can expect that pre-production will start very soon with filming to likely begin sometime soon with filming taking place mid to late next year.
Wonder Woman 2, directed by Patty Jenkins, stars Gal Gadot and will be released on December 13, 2019.
- Disney Fires Guardians of the Galaxy Director James Gunn Over Old Offensive Tweets - July 20, 2018
- 20th Century Fox Brings the Fun to Their Panel for The Predator - July 20, 2018
- San Diego Comic-Con Iron Fist Season 2 Panel Live-Blog - July 19, 2018
- First Teaser Trailer for Series 11 of Doctor Who Debuts at SDCC [VIDEO] - July 19, 2018
- At SDCC, Working Geek Moms Still Gotta Bring Home a Gift - July 19, 2018