Wonder Woman 2 has a director in Patty Jenkins, finally, and now they’ve brought on someone else to help with the script. Dave Callaham, whose previous writing credits include The Expendables and 2014’s Godzilla, will help Jenkins and Geoff Johns write the script according to The Hollywood Reporter.
The plot is being kept a secret, for now, but the rumors suggest that this movie will take place several decades after the first one with the common location being cited a the Cold War. There are also rumors that we’re going to get to see the invisible jet.
Jenkins and Callaham already have a strong working relationship, and it was Jenkins that brought the writer into the fold. Jenkins was working with him on Jackpot, an English-language adaptation of a book by Jo Nesbo; that project was gearing up to be Jenkins’ next movie before she took on the assignment to direct Wonder Woman.
Now that we have a director and a co-writer we can expect that pre-production will start very soon with filming to likely begin sometime soon with filming taking place mid to late next year.
Wonder Woman 2, directed by Patty Jenkins, stars Gal Gadot and will be released on December 13, 2019.
- Tomb Raider Review: The Physicality is Impressive but the Story is Lackluster - March 16, 2018
- Lashana Lynch in Final Talks to Join Captain Marvel - March 16, 2018
- DeWanda Wise Exits Captain Marvel Due to Scheduling Conflicts - March 15, 2018
- Danny Boyle Confirms He’s Working on Bond 25 - March 15, 2018
- [#SXSW 2018] The Director and the Jedi Review: A Fascinating and Joyous Documentary About Star Wars - March 12, 2018