The CW has released a promo for the Season 3 premiere of Supergirl. In the video, Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) declares that National City is her town, and we are introduced to another Superman villain: Robert DuBois, AKA Bloodsport. He first appeared in Superman Vol. 2 #4 and was created by John Byrne and Karl Kesel.
This is one of three people to go by the name Bloodsport. In the comics DuBois, the first of the three, has a mental breakdown and becomes obsessed with the Vietnam War, after learning that his brother was severely wounded during the war. Someone working for Lex Luthor convinces DuBois that Superman is the enemy and give shim a teleporter, weapons, and kryptonite bullets. He wounds Superman with the bullets, but is stopped when confronted by his own brother.
Bloodsport appears in the JLA/Avengers crossover where he takes on Vision and Aquaman, later going up against Iron Man until he is captured by Green Lantern. DuBois is later killed in a fight with Alex Trent, the second Bloodsport.
The clip doesn’t show him wearing the red mask, but it’s not exactly the most unique costume ever designed.
Supergirl Season 3 debuts October 9th at 8 p.m. ET on the CW.
- Marvel’s Luke Cage Season 1, Episode 7 Recap: Manifest - June 17, 2018
- Marvel’s Luke Cage Season 1, Episode 6 Recap: Suckas Need Bodyguards - June 17, 2018
- Stephen Amell Tells Arrow Writers to Write Like There’s No Tomorrow - June 17, 2018
- Exclusive: First Look at Martin Morazzo’s Cover for She Could Fly #3 - June 17, 2018
- Seth MacFarlane is Embarrassed to Work for Fox After Tucker Carlson Comment - June 17, 2018