The CW has released a promo for the Season 3 premiere of Supergirl. In the video, Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) declares that National City is her town, and we are introduced to another Superman villain: Robert DuBois, AKA Bloodsport. He first appeared in Superman Vol. 2 #4 and was created by John Byrne and Karl Kesel.
This is one of three people to go by the name Bloodsport. In the comics DuBois, the first of the three, has a mental breakdown and becomes obsessed with the Vietnam War, after learning that his brother was severely wounded during the war. Someone working for Lex Luthor convinces DuBois that Superman is the enemy and give shim a teleporter, weapons, and kryptonite bullets. He wounds Superman with the bullets, but is stopped when confronted by his own brother.
Bloodsport appears in the JLA/Avengers crossover where he takes on Vision and Aquaman, later going up against Iron Man until he is captured by Green Lantern. DuBois is later killed in a fight with Alex Trent, the second Bloodsport.
The clip doesn’t show him wearing the red mask, but it’s not exactly the most unique costume ever designed.
Supergirl Season 3 debuts October 9th at 8 p.m. ET on the CW.
- NFL Post-Mortem: The 2017 New York Giants - February 25, 2018
- Arrow Season 6: Stephen Amell Rocking it Old School - February 25, 2018
- Meet Jim Lee, this Afternoon, in Front of Vons… Selling Girl Scout Cookies - February 25, 2018
- Black Lightning Season 1: Has Jefferson Learned About Anissa’s Powers? - February 25, 2018
- Darkseid vs Doomsday in Newest DC Versus - February 25, 2018