Disney announced that Star Wars: Episode IX has shifted its release date from May to December of 2019. At the same time they also announced some other major release dates according to Deadline.
Disney didn’t want to give up that May release date so they have decided to put Guy Ritchie’s live action remake of Aladdin into the May 24, 2019 window. According to Will Smith, the mouse’s live action remake of the 1992 animated classed which originally starred the late Robin Williams as the genie has just started filming so that timeframe should be sufficient for the amount of post-production and effects it’ll undoubtedly need. Aladdin will also star Mena Massoud, Naomi Scott, Marwan Kenzari, and Numan Acar.
The next release date they announced was for Christopher Robin. which is taking the August 3, 2018 release date. This is a little surprising considering they haven’t even finished casting yet but they do have a few people lined up.
This is the Marc Forster-directed film about the working class Robin, played by Ewan McGregor, who encounters Winnie-the-Pooh who sets him back on a joyful life. Hayley Atwell also stars.
It’s nice to see Disney finally start to take advantage of the cinematic wasteland that traditionally exists at the box office during August as we could use some good movies to come out at that time period. We should expect casting for Robin to finish soon and for filming to begin within the next few months (they may even begin principal photography before the full cast has been given their timeframe).
The movie adaptation of the eight-volume science fiction/fantasy series by Eoin Colfer, Artemis Fowl is taking on the release date of August 9, 2019. We don’t yet know much about this one so far or how many of the books it’s going to cover. Finally, we have Nicole, which stars Anna Kendrick, as Santa’s daughter who has to take over the family business. It’s set for a prime time holiday release in November 8, 2019.
- Marvel And Star Wars Films Will Be Exclusive To New Disney Streaming Service
- Aladdin Has Started Shooting, Will Smith Posts A Behind-The-Scenes Picture
- Disney Finds A Way To Put A White Guy In Aladdin, Casts Billy Magnussen As New Character
- Disney's Live-Action 'Aladdin' Casts Numan Acar As Jafar's Right-Hand Man
- Will The Live-Action Aladdin Be A Musical? Guy Ritchie Weighs In
- [Sundance 2018] American Animals Review: A Heist Movie with a Harsh Dose of Reality - January 21, 2018
- [Sundance 2018] Beast Review: A Better Short Than a Full Movie - January 21, 2018
- [Sundance 2018] The Guilty Review: A Game of Telephone That Doesn’t Quite Connect - January 19, 2018
- [Sundance 2018] Our New President Review: A Terrifying Montage of Russian Propaganda - January 19, 2018
- It’s Jaeger vs. Jaeger in New Pacific Rim Uprising Images - January 18, 2018