In a report on Variety yesterday of how Amazon is changing their focus to shows with broad, global appeal was one announcement that will be very interesting to comic fans. Seems that among their moves was the decision to start production on a new Sony TV project that involves the Preacher team of Seth Rogen, Evan Goldberg and Garth Ennis, as they will be adapting another Ennis comics property, The Boys. The series, drawn by Darick Robertson, began it’s life at Wildstorm before moving to Dynamite for the bulk of it’s run. The hour-long drama is being written by Erik Kripke with Rogan and Goldberg on to executive producer. So far the series has gotten a script order and is being eyed to go straight-to-series.
The Boys is a very different look at the world of superheroes, set rough in 2006 to 2008. It’s a world with superheroes who have been corrupted by celebrity status and greed, often times acting like rock stars and engaging in reckless behavior that puts humanity in danger. To answer this, the CIA has put together a superpowered squad knows as the Boys who are tasked with monitoring the superhero community and deal with anyone causing trouble.
You can see more on the comics here.
- Arrow Season 6: Catch Up On The Season Before The Crossover - November 24, 2017
- Legends Of Tomorrow Season 3: Catch Up On The Season Before The Crossover - November 24, 2017
- The Flash Season 4: Catch Up On The Season Before The Crossover - November 24, 2017
- Supergirl Season 3: Catch Up On The Season Before The Crossover - November 24, 2017
- The Greatest American Cameo Coming To Crisis On Earth-X - November 24, 2017