Stranger Things is about to take over the world with the shows second season set to debut October 27 on Netflix. Netflix has partnered with Funko to produce products from the show as well. Pops, Dorbz, plush, a little bit of everything. that also includes a new wave of 3.75 inch action figures hitting store shelves now. As a giant fan of the show I had to have these, and I managed to find them pretty easily. Let us take a look shall we?
The packaging is both nice and leaves a little to be desired. Graphics-wise, it is a home run. From the logo at the top of the box to the poster graphic on the back, it grabs your attention and looks fantastic. I also love the Christmas lights on the sides. Where this fails for me is the plastic tray they used. It warps the legs on the figures a bit. My Eleven figure has a bum leg because of it. If you are a MOC collector you will be fine however.
Each figure comes with a backpack and all but Will comes with an accessory that the character uses on the show. Eleven of course comes with a box of Eggos. All of the figures are sculpted well, and are nostalgia fuel for those of us who love collecting things like Kenner Star Wars figures. Out of all the kids, my favorite here is Dustin, he looks pretty perfect for what these are. The downside is that the joints are very brittle. Arms and legs pop out of their sockets constantly with regularity. They are pretty hard to pose and stand as well.
This is especially true with the Demogorgon figure. While the sculpt is magnificent, the joints near his feet make it impossible to stand. If not leaning against something he falls right over on his brittle ankles. It is a shame, because looks wise they nailed this one. The paint apps here are perfect as well, if they just would have used better joints it would have changed everything.
Overall at $20 for three figures, I would say these are for fans of the show only and leave them in the package. They will display better that way and you won’t have to deal with the limitations of the figures. This is not to say that they are terrible, just a let down. Maybe the McFarlane 6 inch figures will swoop in and blow us away and be the figures this show deserves.
- Funko Unveils Second Series Of 'DC Bombshells' Pop! Vinyl Figures
- Nickelodeon Favorites Hey Arnold, Angry Beavers, And Rocko Get Funko Pops!
- Mortal Kombat, The Best Fighting Game Series Of All Time, Coming From Funko
- Funko Is Giving Us All The Crash Bandicoot Pops We Can Handle
- Bob Ross Funko Pops Are Getting A Wave Two And They Include Critters!
- Supergirl Season 3 Will Include Alex Danvers In All Parts Of The Arrowverse Crossover
- Jared Leto Wore Custom Contacts To "Blind" Himself For Blade Runner 2049
- Trump: Making Chinese Cinema Great Again
- There's No Going Back From The Events Of Thor: Ragnarok
- Netflix Developing Swedish Crime Series 'Quicksand' From 'The Bridge' Writer
- New Blade Runner 2049 TV Spot Shows Off More Stunning Visuals
- Channing Tatum Says Gambit's Cultural Ties Make Him Unique
- Arrow Season 6 Casts Liam Hall As Slade Wilson's Son
- Victor Crowley Roadshow Initial Dates Announced All Through October
- Hot List For 2017 At Toys R Us Includes Very Little Geeky Things
- American Gods' Ricky Whittle Joins Cast Of Netflix's 'Nappily Ever After'
- Jennifer Lawrence Is Returning In X-Men: Dark Phoenix For Artistic Reasons
- Justice League Showings At Regal Cinemas Come With A Free Flash Funko Exclusive - November 18, 2017
- Stephen Amell Is Now 2-0 In Wrestling As He Joins The Bullet Club - November 18, 2017
- Final Girls Film Coming From Universal Pictures - November 18, 2017
- Rian Johnson Confirms The Last Jedi Runtime: 2 Hours And 30 Minutes - November 17, 2017
- A Wrinkle In Time Drops New Poster, New Trailer Debuts This Sunday On ABC - November 17, 2017