Season 2 of Lucifer was really interesting both story wise and externally. Originally slated for 22 episodes, Fox ran out of time lots to air it after two mid-season hiatuses and only showed 18 episodes, moving the remaining four over to Season 3, giving them an unprecedented 26-episode season. The series, which is set in L.A., has moved production to film in L.A. after applying for a special tax credit.
Meanwhile, on the show, we got to meet another of Lucifer’s brothers, his mother, and someone who might be his father — or insane. It’s hard to tell. And the season ended with Lucifer waking up in the middle of the desert with his wings back. All completely normal stuff if you’re Lucifer Morningstar (Tom Ellis).
Lucifer Season 3 starts off with Lucifer making his way back from the desert. co-showrunner Ildy Modrovich told TVLine:
“He thinks he’s been gone for months, weeks, years…. but it’s just a couple of days later!”
The wings, according to co-showrunner Joe Henderson, are a key to the new season:
“Our big theme is identity and the wings really tie into that. Am I an angel? Am I the devil? And if someone put these wings on my back, I don’t like it when people tell me who I want to be, so I’m going to figure out who did this.”
Even with a new purpose, Lucifer can get distracted — and in this case it’s by the arrival of Marcus Pierce (Tom Welling). Pierce is a no-nonsense new boss who draws interest from Chloe (Lauren German), who realizes she’s being overshadowed by Lucifer as a crime solver. But another place where there will be “good drama” is going to be Amenadiel’s (D.B. Woodside) reaction to Lucifer’s restored wings.
And Henderson shared one bonus tease:
“Trixie is going to meet the new Charlotte Richards. They hit it off right off the bat, much to Dan’s surprise and, then, concern.”
I also just noticed that Chloe now has to choose between Tom Ellis and Tom Welling — two very similar names. If you take away all the common letters, you are left with ‘w’, ‘n’, and ‘g’ from Welling and the ‘s’ from Ellis, the difference between the two is ‘Wngs’ — WINGS! Either that is an incredibly deep Easter egg… or more likely it’s completely coincidental and I need to cut way back on the caffeine.
Lucifer returns October 2nd on Fox.
- 'It' Review: Pennywise Returns From His Slumber, And Boy Are We Glad He Did
- Victor Crowley Roadshow Initial Dates Announced All Through October
- Scream Factory Releasing Silent Night Deadly Night, With NECA Figure!
- Lucifer Season 3: Will Amenadiel be a Wedge Between Dr. Linda and Maze? - January 19, 2018
- Forging Hephaestus: Drew Hayes Builds a Universe from the Villains’ POV - January 19, 2018
- Joseph Michael Linsner Shares Original Designs for 30th Anniversary Dawn Statue - January 19, 2018
- Black Lightning Season 1: How Long Before Anissa Suits Up as Thunder? - January 19, 2018
- Drew Carey to Guest Star on NCIS as Former Marine Accused of Murder - January 19, 2018