Sylvester Stallone has been teasing people for months about the prospects of a Creed 2 via his Instagram account, and it looks like he’s giving us another hint. Despite the fact that we haven’t heard much about the movie as far as casting or a start date as far as production goes, Stallone is teasing that Creed 2 is getting a 2018 release date.
Creed did really well as far as an award season movie goes, so if they enter into production in early 2018, they could be done by November or December — right in the middle of awards season. Creed grossed $109.8 million in North America and $63.8 million in other territories for a worldwide total of $173.6 million.
Deadline has teased that this sequel could pit son against son:
“Stallone has been busy writing the script for the next installment, which very well might place Michael B. Jordan’s Adonis Johnson Creed in the ring with the son of Ivan Drago, the Russian heavyweight who killed Apollo Creed in a brutal match in the 1985 film Rocky IV. Stallone has also teased that notion on his social media missives.”
Whatever Stallone has in mind for Creed 2, if the movie is really aiming for a 2018 release date, we should see something much more definitive in the coming months.
- Tomb Raider Review: The Physicality is Impressive but the Story is Lackluster - March 16, 2018
- Lashana Lynch in Final Talks to Join Captain Marvel - March 16, 2018
- DeWanda Wise Exits Captain Marvel Due to Scheduling Conflicts - March 15, 2018
- Danny Boyle Confirms He’s Working on Bond 25 - March 15, 2018
- [#SXSW 2018] The Director and the Jedi Review: A Fascinating and Joyous Documentary About Star Wars - March 12, 2018