Sylvester Stallone has been teasing people for months about the prospects of a Creed 2 via his Instagram account, and it looks like he’s giving us another hint. Despite the fact that we haven’t heard much about the movie as far as casting or a start date as far as production goes, Stallone is teasing that Creed 2 is getting a 2018 release date.
Creed did really well as far as an award season movie goes, so if they enter into production in early 2018, they could be done by November or December — right in the middle of awards season. Creed grossed $109.8 million in North America and $63.8 million in other territories for a worldwide total of $173.6 million.
Deadline has teased that this sequel could pit son against son:
“Stallone has been busy writing the script for the next installment, which very well might place Michael B. Jordan’s Adonis Johnson Creed in the ring with the son of Ivan Drago, the Russian heavyweight who killed Apollo Creed in a brutal match in the 1985 film Rocky IV. Stallone has also teased that notion on his social media missives.”
Whatever Stallone has in mind for Creed 2, if the movie is really aiming for a 2018 release date, we should see something much more definitive in the coming months.
- First Trailer for Creed II Hits, Teases Son of Drago
- Report: Sly Stallone Wants to Fight Mexican Cartel in Rambo 5
- Sylvester Stallone Reveals Casting of [SPOILER]'s Son For Creed 2
- Aaron Taylor-Johnson Comments on Quicksilver’s Return for Avengers 4 - October 19, 2018
- Netflix Cancels Marvel’s Luke Cage After 2 Seasons - October 19, 2018
- Daredevil Season 3: 3 New Behind-the-Scenes Photos - October 19, 2018
- Check Out Some Armored Sharks in These New Aquaman Images - October 19, 2018
- Disney’s Jungle Cruise Gets Delayed 9 Months - October 19, 2018