Curb Your Enthusiasm returns to HBO after a six-year gap at the beginning of October. Towards the end of the show’s previous-eight-year run, the show had moved towards running season-long arcs, and that’s true of the ninth. As with the others, it can be summed up in a few words. But it also happens to be genius and one that should a) set your minds racing and b) ensure that you absolutely, definitely have to watch the show.
So much of the appeal of the show is down to watching Larry David dig himself deeper and deeper into the poo and, in attempting to escape, spread it around in all possible directions.
And old favourites characters such as Jeff Greene, Susie Greene, Cheryl David, Marty Funkhouser and Leon Black return as do those playing versions of themselves. Richard Lewis, Mary Steenburgen and Ted Danson. New characters are played by Rich Fulcher, Jim Rash, Bryan Cranston and playing themselves Elizabeth Banks and Salman Rushdie.
Yes, that last one is particularly apposite as Larry David seeks very specific help and advice.
Because Larry David has continued to insult everyone he possibly can. To the extent that he has been made the subject of an international fatwa.
And that is what Season Nine of Curb Your Enthusiasm is about. October 1st can’t come soon enough, can it?
- J. Scott Campbell Art for Upcoming X-Men Black Magneto Comic to Be Announced at San Diego - July 16, 2018
- Hellboy Celebrates 25 Years of San Diego Comic-Cons - July 16, 2018
- Valiant Fans Express Financial Worries Over Chinese Owners DMG Entertainment - July 16, 2018
- Duncan Jones’s Comic Book Movie Confirmed: Rogue Trooper of 2000AD - July 16, 2018
- Amazon Prime Day Hits the UK – Here Are Some Deals to Keep Your Eye On - July 16, 2018