And Gotham just hit the gas on the Batman. This new promo shows actor David Mazouz in a costume for crime fighting. It looks like Bruce Wayne is full embracing the vigilante motif and Alfred Pennyworth (Sean Pertwee) is along for the ride. We also get to see some intense moments with Selina Kyle (Camren Bicondova) and Oswald Cobblepot (Robin Lord Taylor) — but the big takeaway from this promo is that we are getting very close to Batman. The costume isn’t the one he will settle on, but it is black and has a mask/cowl.
The whole purpose of the series has been to show what leads up to Bruce Wayne becoming Batman, but the series has take some very different turns form the comics, introducing a good number of villains before Batman ever appears. It would almost be easier to list who we haven’t seen yet in the series first three seasons than those we have. Now it seems that all bets are off, as Bruce is now out there in a costume that reminds me of the look from Batman: Year One by Frank Miller and David Mazzuchelli — a pair of names I just mentioned in a piece about Daredevil Season 3. Funny how one creative team could influence two different series so heavily.
Gotham will return September 21st on a new night, Thursdays at 8 p.m. ET, leading into the Orville.
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018