And Gotham just hit the gas on the Batman. This new promo shows actor David Mazouz in a costume for crime fighting. It looks like Bruce Wayne is full embracing the vigilante motif and Alfred Pennyworth (Sean Pertwee) is along for the ride. We also get to see some intense moments with Selina Kyle (Camren Bicondova) and Oswald Cobblepot (Robin Lord Taylor) — but the big takeaway from this promo is that we are getting very close to Batman. The costume isn’t the one he will settle on, but it is black and has a mask/cowl.
The whole purpose of the series has been to show what leads up to Bruce Wayne becoming Batman, but the series has take some very different turns form the comics, introducing a good number of villains before Batman ever appears. It would almost be easier to list who we haven’t seen yet in the series first three seasons than those we have. Now it seems that all bets are off, as Bruce is now out there in a costume that reminds me of the look from Batman: Year One by Frank Miller and David Mazzuchelli — a pair of names I just mentioned in a piece about Daredevil Season 3. Funny how one creative team could influence two different series so heavily.
Gotham will return September 21st on a new night, Thursdays at 8 p.m. ET, leading into the Orville.
- iZombie Season 4: Did the Writers Name Liv’s New Love Interest Based on This Ship Name? - March 23, 2018
- Luke Cage’s Mike Colter to Appear on The Good Fight Season 2 - March 23, 2018
- Gifted Season 2: Amy Acker Wants to Get Out of the Mom Realm - March 23, 2018
- Lucifer Season 3: Mazikeen Really Wants to Go Back to Hell - March 23, 2018
- Writer’s Commentary: Jeremy Whitley on Vampirella #11 - March 23, 2018