Threadless, the design community best known for their T-shirts, and Heavy Metal Magazine, the world’s premier illustrated magazine for
women with unfeasible bosums science fiction, horror, and fantasy, joined forces to launch an exclusive shop.
Designs from Heavy Metal include the Lord Of Light series designed by Barry Geller and drawn by legendary illustrator and storyteller Jack Kirby, who would be celebrating a 100th birthday on Monday.
In addition to the complete Lord of Light series by Barry Geller and Jack Kirby, the Heavy Metal shop includes a variety of designs for apparel and home decor, including multiple accessories featuring the logo, as well as art from the original Heavy Metal movie poster and magazine cover from September, 1981 by Chris Achilleos.
The Lord of Light artwork appeared in colour for the first time in 2015, coloured by Mark Englert. These works of art by Geller and Kirby – mostly unseen until now – are part of American history, as they were the artwork used by the CIA for OPERATION: ARGO, which helped free American embassy workers during the Iranian coup in 1979.
- Gary Reed’s Final Comic, Savants, to See Print in 2019 - October 20, 2018
- In Depth Look at This Yu-Gi-Oh! Thing the Kids Go On About – Part Three - October 20, 2018
- Colleen Douglas and Chris Zero to Launch ‘God of Bad Men’ in January - October 20, 2018
- Neal Adams Expresses Concern For Rumoured Comics Royalty Changes - October 20, 2018
- Comic Bistro Opens In Aberdeen This Weekend - October 20, 2018