Threadless, the design community best known for their T-shirts, and Heavy Metal Magazine, the world’s premier illustrated magazine for
women with unfeasible bosums science fiction, horror, and fantasy, joined forces to launch an exclusive shop.
Designs from Heavy Metal include the Lord Of Light series designed by Barry Geller and drawn by legendary illustrator and storyteller Jack Kirby, who would be celebrating a 100th birthday on Monday.
In addition to the complete Lord of Light series by Barry Geller and Jack Kirby, the Heavy Metal shop includes a variety of designs for apparel and home decor, including multiple accessories featuring the logo, as well as art from the original Heavy Metal movie poster and magazine cover from September, 1981 by Chris Achilleos.
The Lord of Light artwork appeared in colour for the first time in 2015, coloured by Mark Englert. These works of art by Geller and Kirby – mostly unseen until now – are part of American history, as they were the artwork used by the CIA for OPERATION: ARGO, which helped free American embassy workers during the Iranian coup in 1979.
- A Comic Show: The Wedding Joke! - June 20, 2018
- 2 Grant Morrison Stories in Ahoy Comics’ First Solicits for September 2018 - June 20, 2018
- Is Harvey Dent a Confirmed DC Comics Bisexual Character Now? - June 20, 2018
- Alan Moore’s Jerusalem in Paperback: Liveright September 2018 Solicits - June 20, 2018
- William the Last and Mobster Graveyard Launch in Antarctic Press September 2018 Solicits - June 20, 2018