When Lucifer debuted back in January of 2013, no one knew just how it would do. You had the basic protests from religious groups, you had comic fans leery about the premise, taking the comic character into what appeared to be a police procedural… and then we got to see Tom Ellis as Lucifer Morningstar, and it was obviously something special.
The show has since grown from its original premise into something very unique with a loyal fan base… and though it got a bit of a weird schedule last season, cutting short at 18 episodes, Lucifer Season 3 is going to be extra long, with those four episodes carrying over.
In the video below, Ellis talks about the additions of Tricia Helfer as Charlotte and Aimee Garcia as Ella Lopez to the cast and getting to expand on his relationship with Kevin Alejandro‘s character of Dan Espinosa. The season also played more with the Heaven and Hell mythos, introducing another brother besides Amenadiel (D.B. Woodside) and into the secret origins of Chloe Decker (Lauren German). And the introduced God Johnson of course… that was quite a lot to do in only 18 episodes. Can’t wait to see what they do with 26.
Lucifer returns October 2nd at 8 p.m ET on Fox, just before the premiere of The Gifted.
- Misty Knight Takes Center Stage in New Marvel 101 - June 20, 2018
- Legends of Tomorrow Season 4: Possible Casting News for 2 New Characters - June 20, 2018
- Marvel’s Cloak & Dagger: Tandy Bowen Explains Part of Her Powers - June 20, 2018
- Mike Colter Recaps Marvel’s Luke Cage Season 1 in 10 Minutes - June 20, 2018
- Exclusive First Look Inside Halo: Collateral Damage #2 - June 19, 2018