London Super Comic Con is Britain’s largest comic book-focused comic book convention. Or certainly it was. In previous years, it has sprawled across the London ExCel Centre, the same building that hosts the multi-media show MCM London Expo.
This year, however, it is in the Business Design Centre in Islington, which some folks may recall from the first Kapow! event which, basically, lied about the number of attendees. It’s a little on the smaller side, compared to the warehouse nature of the ExCel. It is, however, slightly more central and has much nicer shops close by. It even has a decent Mexican restaurant which is a pain to find in London.
London Super Comic Con has been far larger than Kapow ever was though, which has led some to worry about capacity issues. Either way, it’s about to open and I’m on my way, ready to report. Bleeding Cool writer Joe Glass is already there, set up to sell copies of his comic The Pride, and they’ve done a good job at bringing in the Americans and Europeans as well as the Brits, guests include Brian Bendis, Dan Slott, Lee Bermejo, Gabriel Del’Otto, Jae Lee, Terry Dodson, Tyler Kirkham, Leonardo Manco, Guillem March, Tyler Kirkham and plenty more…
Not all of them want to hit me.
If you’re there today I’ll be the one wearing the I AM A BLEEDING COOL EXCLUSIVE shirt. Do say hi. Doors open at 2.30pm to us normal folk.
- The Other History Of The DC Universe by John Ridley Vs Glory Scroll/Black Reign by Michael Davis - October 20, 2018
- Why 5 Kid Comics of California May Be Closing Down - October 20, 2018
- Gary Reed’s Final Comic, Savants, to See Print in 2019 - October 20, 2018
- In Depth Look at This Yu-Gi-Oh! Thing the Kids Go On About – Part Three - October 20, 2018
- Colleen Douglas and Chris Zero to Launch ‘God of Bad Men’ in January - October 20, 2018