London Super Comic Con is Britain’s largest comic book-focused comic book convention. Or certainly it was. In previous years, it has sprawled across the London ExCel Centre, the same building that hosts the multi-media show MCM London Expo.
This year, however, it is in the Business Design Centre in Islington, which some folks may recall from the first Kapow! event which, basically, lied about the number of attendees. It’s a little on the smaller side, compared to the warehouse nature of the ExCel. It is, however, slightly more central and has much nicer shops close by. It even has a decent Mexican restaurant which is a pain to find in London.
London Super Comic Con has been far larger than Kapow ever was though, which has led some to worry about capacity issues. Either way, it’s about to open and I’m on my way, ready to report. Bleeding Cool writer Joe Glass is already there, set up to sell copies of his comic The Pride, and they’ve done a good job at bringing in the Americans and Europeans as well as the Brits, guests include Brian Bendis, Dan Slott, Lee Bermejo, Gabriel Del’Otto, Jae Lee, Terry Dodson, Tyler Kirkham, Leonardo Manco, Guillem March, Tyler Kirkham and plenty more…
Not all of them want to hit me.
If you’re there today I’ll be the one wearing the I AM A BLEEDING COOL EXCLUSIVE shirt. Do say hi. Doors open at 2.30pm to us normal folk.
- Ibrahim Moustafa Joins Jeff Parker on James Bond: Origin - December 18, 2018
- Brian Ruckley to Reboot Transformers for IDW, Twice-Monthly in March 2019 - December 18, 2018
- The Roy/Neal War Continues On Bleeding Cool - December 18, 2018
- Marvel Comics March 2019 Solicitations in Full - December 18, 2018
- Dial H For Hero Launches from DC Comics in March 2019 - December 18, 2018