What exactly is going on over at Warner Bros? Are they throwing movie concepts at the wall until something sticks? We got the announcement that we’re getting a Joker and Harley Quinn movie right after we get the announcement of a Joker movie. That story was broken by The Hollywood Reporter and buried in that report was something else:
Insiders say that the plan is for this feature to go after the studio makes a sequel to Suicide Squad. The latter is on the development fast-track and out to directors. But the Joker and Harley Quinn movie is also moving fast as Warners has to contend with actors’ holding agreements, say sources.
So, Suicide Squad 2 doesn’t have a director but is rumored to start shooting by 2018. This new movie is also being fast tracked according to these sources. So now we have these two movies, both have Harley Quinn and perhaps the Joker in them, and they want to get off of the ground soon. Are these movies going to shoot back to back? Are Jared Leto and Margot Robbie going to be okay with that kind of schedule? Are they going to find some way to cut Harley and Joker down to nothing in Suicide Squad 2? Then there’s this Joker movie which might not have anything to do with anything with anything.
These are the current DC movies have have release dates:
- Justice League: November 17, 2017
- Aquaman: December 21, 2018
- Shazam!: April 5, 2019
- Wonder Woman 2: December 13, 2019
- Cyborg: April 3, 2020
- Green Lantern Corps.: July 24, 2020
That’s not a bad looking line-up, plenty of movies, looks good. However, here are all of the announced DC movies with no release date.
- The Flash/Flash Point
- The Batman
- Justice League 2
- Suicide Squad 2
- Gotham City Sirens
- Joker Movie
- Joker and Harley Movie
- Black Adam
- Man of Steel 2
- Justice League Dark
What is going on here Warner Bros? Why is that list so bloody long? Some of these movies have directors attached to them, some of them don’t, but there are so many movies there. There are rumors that Gotham City Sirens has been canceled to make room for the Joker and Harley movie but nothing has been confirmed.
All I know it is my job to keep track of all this and I can’t keep up anymore. How in the world is the average movie goer supposed to keep up?
- 7 New Pictures From ‘Goodbye Christopher Robin’ - September 24, 2017
- First Image Of Godzilla From Godzilla: King Of The Monsters - September 23, 2017
- Ron Howard Shares Photos From The “Desperate And Dangerous” World Of Han Solo - September 23, 2017
- New Wall Poster Shows Off A Shirtless Aquaman, Plus More Justice League Posters - September 23, 2017
- The Nerd Dome Podcast Episode 100: A Live Show (About Porgs) - September 22, 2017