Yesterday, we told you that today’s Generations: The Unworthy Thor & The Mighty Thor would tie in directly with Marvel Legacy #1, both written by Jason Aaron. And so it does.
But I don’t think anyone expected it to tie in, in quite such a fashion.
Because at the end of the episode that saw both the young hammerless Thor and the Jane Foster Thor duking it out in Ancient Egypt against Apocalypse, also sees Odin talking wistfully to the Phoenix Force. Both, as we have seen, are members of the 1,000,000 BC Avengers that will appear in Marvel Legacy #1.
But we also get a little back history of the two.
Even if one remembers it more than the other.
That’s right, folks, Odin and Phoenix got down and jiggy with it. Well, you know, what consenting gods and primal forces do in the privacy of their own world a millennia of millennias ago is their own business of course.
Just keep him away from Jean Grey, okay?
Generations: The Unworthy Thor & The Mighty Thor #1, or Generations: The Thunder #1, whatever you want to call it, by Jason Aaron, Mahmud Asrar and Jordie Bellaire is published today from Marvel Comics.
HER HAMMER, HIS AX: A WORTHY APOCALYPSE.
• When a battle goes south, Thor finds herself in ancient Egypt – facing a young Odinson!
• A misguided party of Vikings has bitten off way more than they can spear. But when the prince of Asgard answers their cries for help, he ends up in a fight no axe alone can win! And Apocalypse is not one for mercy.
• Can a not-yet-worthy god and a time-lost hero take on one of the world’s most powerful mutants at the height of his empire? And what does their encounter mean for the future of two Thors?
Rated T+In Shops: Aug 23, 2017
- Looks Like Leviathan Begins in Action Comics #1007 - November 17, 2018
- Todd Matthy’s Writer’s Commentary on Robots Vs Princesses #3 - November 17, 2018
- Viz Announce My Hero Academia: Smash, Komi Can’t Communicate, Beastars and Automatic Eve for 2019 - November 17, 2018
- Kodansha to Publish Cardcaptor Sakura: Collector’s Edition in 2019 - November 17, 2018
- Batman Writer Tom King Takes on Bill Maher Over Stan Lee and Donald Trump - November 17, 2018