Godzilla vs. Kong director Adam Wingard has been making the rounds to the various news outlets to do promotional work for his Netflix adaptation of Death Note. We’ve been learning more information about the big monster face off and in an interview with /Film Wingard has revealed when the movie is taking place.
“No, ours is more in continuity with the sequel to Godzilla right now. They’re doing Godzilla 2 with Mike Dougherty directing, so our film is in [the] present day. We have a couple characters from Godzilla 2 in ours, but it’ll be interesting to see how Kong has fared over the years. You see him in that film and he’s just constantly under attack. Things are going wrong and there’s probably been lots of human intervention since then. It’ll be interesting to see a more rugged, a bit more aged Kong in this film.”
Now we know that this movie will be following up from any events that take place during Godzilla: King of the Monsters. So, unlike Kong: Skull Island, this movie will take place in the modern age.
The Gigantic Kong meets the unstoppable Godzilla. The world watches to see which one becomes the king of all monsters.
Godzilla vs. Kong, directed by Adam Wingard, will be released on May 22, 2020.
- Second Reel: Dredd (2012) Deserves a Sequel - November 18, 2018
- Widows Review: A Dynamic and Fantastic Heist Movie - November 18, 2018
- 5 Amazing Movies That You Probably Missed in 2018 - November 18, 2018
- Johnny Depp Continues to Shatter the Magic of Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald - November 16, 2018
- 5 New Character Posters for Mary Poppins Returns - November 16, 2018