Back on August 14th, Sony Pictures announced a bunch of new release dates for their various movies, but one thing was overlooked: Bad Boys 3 has been pulled from the release schedule. The sequel to arguably two of the better movies Michael Bay has ever made has been in development hell for years. Nostalgia is one of the driving forces behind the box office at the moment, so it’s not surprising that they would be pushing for this movie now.
In an interview with Entertainment Weekly star Martin Lawrence says he doesn’t think the movie is delayed — he thinks it isn’t going to happen at all:
“I don’t think we’re going to get one, not the way everything’s turning out. Will is off doing another movie, and I don’t think it’s going to happen.”
Last year Will Smith said it was “very, very, close.” He also added that he was more than willing to come back and do another movie. He said of Lawrence, “I love that dude. That’s among the best times I’ve ever had making movies. So I’m looking forward to it.”
As for Lawrence, he’s more than ready to go should this become a reality:
“I’m there, I’m ready right now. If they wanted to do it, I’m ready, but I don’t have control of that. That’s the studio’s decision.”
Sony did not respond to EW’s request for comment, but it looks like the writing is on the wall for Bad Boys 3. It’s a shame; we could use more action movies where both of the lead characters are black.
- Interview with Robert Rodriguez and Michelle Rodriguez for the VR Film ‘The Limit’ - November 20, 2018
- Second Reel: Dredd (2012) Deserves a Sequel - November 18, 2018
- Widows Review: A Dynamic and Fantastic Heist Movie - November 18, 2018
- 5 Amazing Movies That You Probably Missed in 2018 - November 18, 2018
- Johnny Depp Continues to Shatter the Magic of Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald - November 16, 2018