Michael Rowe is putting aside the genre fair for a character-driven indie film called Crown and Anchor. Rowe, who played Deadshot on the CW series Arrow and will be Ninjak in the upcoming webseries, Ninjak Vs The Valiant Universe, also co-wrote the film with Matt Wells and his brother Andrew, who directed it. Rowe and Wells are producing too.
The film, made for only $300k, is a punk rock drama that follows officer James Downey (Rowe) who has to head home for his mother funeral. He discovers his estranged cousin Danny (Wells) is keeping the family’s petty crime tradition alive but has gotten in over his head with addiction and violence. Seeing his cousin coming apart brings back James’ own childhood trauma while he struggles to keep together the family he once wanted to escape. The film also stars Natalie Brown (The Strain), Robert Joy (CSI: NY) and Stephen McHattie (Orphan Black).
The film is set to hit the film festival circuit.
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018