It appears there was a major printing issue with the release of many retailer exclusive covers for Dark Nights: Metal #1 by Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo.
The UV coating on the comics was applied in a manner that was not consistent across the books. Retailers found some of their books had partial coating. Some had no coating. Many books were stuck to each other from the coating not drying prior to boxing them. And it bleeds over to the pages so that pages are stuck together as well. In addition, poor printing, stacking and handling mean that there was continual spine damage. And the issue has been widespread in comic book stores across the country.
As a result, for affected stores, DC Comics are going to reprint the entire exclusive cover print run and ship them direct from the printer.
Here’s a few of those exclusive covers that may have been affected.
- Sacha Baron Cohen’s ‘Who Is America?’ Exposes the TV Endorsement – Like Brass Eye Did 20 Years Ago - July 16, 2018
- Gendercrunching Quarterly, DC and Marvel Comics, Spring 2018 - July 15, 2018
- Big Hero 6’s Gus Vasquez Needs a Hero of His Own - July 15, 2018
- Zenescope Brings a Different Flavour to Women In Comics Panels at San Diego Comic-Con - July 15, 2018
- Mike Holman and Lee Thompson Promoted at Diamond Comics UK in John Hitchen’s Absence - July 15, 2018