It appears there was a major printing issue with the release of many retailer exclusive covers for Dark Nights: Metal #1 by Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo.
The UV coating on the comics was applied in a manner that was not consistent across the books. Retailers found some of their books had partial coating. Some had no coating. Many books were stuck to each other from the coating not drying prior to boxing them. And it bleeds over to the pages so that pages are stuck together as well. In addition, poor printing, stacking and handling mean that there was continual spine damage. And the issue has been widespread in comic book stores across the country.
As a result, for affected stores, DC Comics are going to reprint the entire exclusive cover print run and ship them direct from the printer.
Here’s a few of those exclusive covers that may have been affected.
- Sneak Peek at IDW and DC Comics During WonderCon Setup – and Where to Get Your Sonic the Hedgehog #1 - March 23, 2018
- ComiXology Bestseller List, 23rd March 2018 – Marvel’s Discount Collections Can’t Beat Batman - March 23, 2018
- Over 80 Exclusive Items From WonderCon 2018, as the Doors Open… - March 23, 2018
- Marvel to Publish Free ‘Marvel Universe Magazine’ for 18th April - March 23, 2018
- Boom Comics of Lawrence, Kansas, Explodes on Facebook - March 23, 2018