It appears there was a major printing issue with the release of many retailer exclusive covers for Dark Nights: Metal #1 by Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo.
The UV coating on the comics was applied in a manner that was not consistent across the books. Retailers found some of their books had partial coating. Some had no coating. Many books were stuck to each other from the coating not drying prior to boxing them. And it bleeds over to the pages so that pages are stuck together as well. In addition, poor printing, stacking and handling mean that there was continual spine damage. And the issue has been widespread in comic book stores across the country.
As a result, for affected stores, DC Comics are going to reprint the entire exclusive cover print run and ship them direct from the printer.
Here’s a few of those exclusive covers that may have been affected.
- Dark Ark #1 By Cullen Bunn And Joe Doe Sells Out And Goes To Second Printing - September 23, 2017
- Frank Cho Has A New Fan Of His Wonder Woman Art - September 23, 2017
- Heroes & Villains Fan Fest New York 2017: Cosplay, Gotham, And Barrowman - September 23, 2017
- The AfterShock Table At Baltimore Comic-Con - September 23, 2017
- VIDEO: The (Almost) Full Black Crown Presentation At Thought Bubble 2017 With Cud, Sid Vicious’s Ghost, And Shelly Bond - September 23, 2017