It appears there was a major printing issue with the release of many retailer exclusive covers for Dark Nights: Metal #1 by Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo.
The UV coating on the comics was applied in a manner that was not consistent across the books. Retailers found some of their books had partial coating. Some had no coating. Many books were stuck to each other from the coating not drying prior to boxing them. And it bleeds over to the pages so that pages are stuck together as well. In addition, poor printing, stacking and handling mean that there was continual spine damage. And the issue has been widespread in comic book stores across the country.
As a result, for affected stores, DC Comics are going to reprint the entire exclusive cover print run and ship them direct from the printer.
Here’s a few of those exclusive covers that may have been affected.
- Port Of Earth And Artgerm Supergirl Top Up Advance Reorders - November 23, 2017
- Black Friday Comic Shop Deals For 2017: Part Two, Over 130 More Stores - November 23, 2017
- 30 DC Comics Covers For December From Frank Cho, Jenny Frison, JG Jones, Jim Lee And More - November 22, 2017
- Frank Miller’s Cover For Kamandi Challenge #12 - November 22, 2017
- Changes To Batman #38: Tom King And Travis Moore To Tell The Origin Of Bruce Wayne - November 22, 2017