There are millions of Star Wars fans out there that would love to work on one of the movies. Sometimes, fans get their wish and they get to work on the movies in some small ways. Then there are fans like Star Wars: The Last Jedi director and writer Rian Johnson who is currently living the dream. Not only did get to direct a Star Wars movie but he also got to write one. In an interview with The Star Wars Story (@2:30) (via The Hollywood Reporter) Johnson talked about trusting that inner fan when it came to the movie.
“The first thing I kind of realized was, I have to trust, kind of, my inner fan,” he explained. “If it resonates with me, I have to trust that. That’s what George [Lucas] did with the original movies, you know?”
If the inner fan was loving it then Johnson figured the rest of us would love it it. That being said Johnson did a little bit of fanboying when he came to the special effects. When it came to working with the people at ILM Johnson was so excited to see everything come together.
“ILM is working on the effects, so we’re having effects reviews nearly every day and just sitting and looking at all this amazing new stuff ILM is delivering,” Johnson said. “There’s kind of this final rush of it all coming together, which is exhilarating.”
Star Wars: The Last Jedi comes out at the end of the year so they are in the final stretch for post production. To see his movie coming together must be the ultimate thrill for a fan like Johnson. We look forward to see the final product.
Summary: Having taken her first steps into a larger world in Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015), Rey continues her epic journey with Finn, Poe and Luke Skywalker in the next chapter of the saga.
Star Wars: The Last Jedi, directed by Rian Johnson, stars Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Mark Hamill, Oscar Isaac, Carrie Fisher, and Adam Driver. It will be released on December 15th.
- DC Fans Start Petition For Warner Bros To Release Zack Snyder’s Cut Of Justice League Because Of Course They Did - November 21, 2017
- Former Han Solo Directors Say The Experience Was “Wonderful” - November 20, 2017
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi – Admiral Holdo Challenges Female Boss Stereotypes - November 20, 2017
- Jason Momoa Defends Justice League From The Mean Old Critics - November 20, 2017
- The Last Jedi’s Admiral Holdo And Poe Dameron May Not See Eye To Eye - November 20, 2017