Riverdale is based on the Archie Comics characters of Archie Andrews, Betty Cooper, Veronica Lodge, Jughead Jones and the rest of the gang, but with a dark and modern twist. Archie Comics also own the Red Circle or now Dark Circle line of comics which includes a character called the Black Hood. This is what the Black Hook looks like currently in the comics:
Now, The CW released a new trailer for the second season of Riverdale that included all the wonderful thing critics have said about the series. We also know that Fred Andrews being shot at the end of season one is going to be a big part of season two and just who shot him and if the killer is still in town. In the clip, they show a man in a mask with a gun… that sure looks like the Black Hood to me.
It’s not just a ski mask, it’s the torn out eyes, the leather jacket… and the fact that they own the character. At this point, after watching season one, is there any way you can say for sure that the show wouldn’t bring in a masked vigilante from one of their other comic lines? And it would be a brilliant move on the writer’s part. Sure, that could absolutely be just a guy who shot Fred… but come on, that seems a bit mundane for Riverdale.
Riverdale returns for season two October 11th on the CW.
- Supergirl Season 3: Seeing The World Through Martian Eyes - November 20, 2017
- The Magicians Season 3: Syfy Releases Teaser For The New Season - November 20, 2017
- Shannara Chronicles Season 2: Bandon Reveals His True Desires - November 20, 2017
- Supergirl Season 3: Sam Starts To Look Into Her Past For Answers - November 20, 2017
- Paul Rudd Answers Questions From Set Of Ant-Man And The Wasp - November 19, 2017