A few days ago, Casey Affleck did an interview on a radio show where he said that his brother, Ben Affleck, wasn’t going to be Batman anymore. We didn’t report on the story because after listening to the radio interview, it was pretty apparently that Casey Affleck was just messing with people. He even said he was just making stuff up, but people ran with the story nevertheless.
Casey had said his brother is “not going to do [The Batman], I don’t think. Sorry to say. … Is that breaking news? Because I was just kind of making that up, I don’t know.”
There are some sites that decided to run with the story, though, and there have been rumors that Ben Affleck is unhappy in the role. He said they were untrue at the Hall H presentation at Comic-Con International, but the rumors persisted — which meant it was time for representatives to come out and try to set the story straight to Buzzfeed News. First, from Casey’s reps:
“[Casey Affleck] was having fun with the folks at the Red Sox game — where he threw out the first pitch in support of the Jimmy Fund — and not speaking from a place of firsthand knowledge.”
Then confirmation from Ben’s:
“He’ll continue to be Batman as long as the studio will have him.”
At the moment we don’t know much about The Batman. We know that director Matt Reeves is starting over on a script, and we don’t have any information on a release date.
- CinemaCon Sony Presentation Live Blog - April 23, 2018
- Joe Russo Gave Tom Holland a Fake Avengers: Infinity War Script - April 19, 2018
- Colin Trevorrow Says Jurassic World 3 Will Be a “Science Thriller” like Jurassic Park - April 18, 2018
- Brad Bird Explains Why There Is No Time Jump in Incredibles 2 - April 18, 2018
- Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom – The New Direction While Remaining True to the Universe - April 18, 2018