A few days ago, Casey Affleck did an interview on a radio show where he said that his brother, Ben Affleck, wasn’t going to be Batman anymore. We didn’t report on the story because after listening to the radio interview, it was pretty apparently that Casey Affleck was just messing with people. He even said he was just making stuff up, but people ran with the story nevertheless.
Casey had said his brother is “not going to do [The Batman], I don’t think. Sorry to say. … Is that breaking news? Because I was just kind of making that up, I don’t know.”
There are some sites that decided to run with the story, though, and there have been rumors that Ben Affleck is unhappy in the role. He said they were untrue at the Hall H presentation at Comic-Con International, but the rumors persisted — which meant it was time for representatives to come out and try to set the story straight to Buzzfeed News. First, from Casey’s reps:
“[Casey Affleck] was having fun with the folks at the Red Sox game — where he threw out the first pitch in support of the Jimmy Fund — and not speaking from a place of firsthand knowledge.”
Then confirmation from Ben’s:
“He’ll continue to be Batman as long as the studio will have him.”
At the moment we don’t know much about The Batman. We know that director Matt Reeves is starting over on a script, and we don’t have any information on a release date.
- Shane Black’s The Predator Gets A Motion Poster - October 21, 2017
- Avengers 4 Is Reportedly Bringing Back A Character From Iron Man 3 - October 20, 2017
- Aquaman Wraps Production Tomorrow According To Jason Momoa - October 20, 2017
- The Nerd Dome Podcast Episode 105 – Star Trek: Discovery Is Fine - October 20, 2017
- Pacific Rim Uprising Director Says Crossover With The Monster-Verse Is Possible - October 20, 2017