A few days ago, Casey Affleck did an interview on a radio show where he said that his brother, Ben Affleck, wasn’t going to be Batman anymore. We didn’t report on the story because after listening to the radio interview, it was pretty apparently that Casey Affleck was just messing with people. He even said he was just making stuff up, but people ran with the story nevertheless.
Casey had said his brother is “not going to do [The Batman], I don’t think. Sorry to say. … Is that breaking news? Because I was just kind of making that up, I don’t know.”
There are some sites that decided to run with the story, though, and there have been rumors that Ben Affleck is unhappy in the role. He said they were untrue at the Hall H presentation at Comic-Con International, but the rumors persisted — which meant it was time for representatives to come out and try to set the story straight to Buzzfeed News. First, from Casey’s reps:
“[Casey Affleck] was having fun with the folks at the Red Sox game — where he threw out the first pitch in support of the Jimmy Fund — and not speaking from a place of firsthand knowledge.”
Then confirmation from Ben’s:
“He’ll continue to be Batman as long as the studio will have him.”
At the moment we don’t know much about The Batman. We know that director Matt Reeves is starting over on a script, and we don’t have any information on a release date.
- [Sundance 2018] Our New President Review: A Terrifying Montage of Russian Propaganda - January 19, 2018
- It’s Jaeger vs. Jaeger in New Pacific Rim Uprising Images - January 18, 2018
- The Writer of The Jungle Book 2 Gives an Update on the Movie - January 18, 2018
- New Tomb Raider Trailer Drops Tomorrow — Here’s a Teaser - January 17, 2018
- James Cameron Says He Can’t Afford to “Screw up” with the Avatar Sequels - January 17, 2018