Bleeding Cool already told you that Marvel’s ongoing series Weapon X appeared to be changing its planned plotline as a result of the current Weapons Of Mutant Destruction crossover with Totally Awesome Hulk.
So much so that it’s the next plot line Origin Of A Monster, had been changed The Hunt For Weapon H, indicating that it looks like they have decided that Weapon H survives sooner and want to get on with it. So that the new solicits read thus, changing art teams, and adding Fred Van Lente as co-writer.
WEAPON X #7
(W) Greg Pak, Fred Van Lente (A) Ibraim Roberson, Marc Borstel (CA) Skan
THE HUNT FOR WEAPON H PART 1
Weapon H, a terrifying combination of the Hulk and Wolverine’s DNA, is the deadliest experiment to ever come out of the Weapon X Program – and they’ve officially lost control of him. Old Man Logan, Sabretooth, Lady Deathstrike, Warpath and Domino race to find Weapon H, but what happens if he loses control before they can find him? FIND OUT HERE
WEAPON X 8
(W) Fred Van Lente, Greg Pak (A) Marc Borstel, Ibraim Roberson (CA) Skan
THE HUNT FOR WEAPON H: PART 2
• Doctor Alba’s macabre experiments for the Weapon X program turned one of America’s Finest into a behemoth imbued with genetics gifts of the Hulk and Wolverine.
• Despite countless iterations, only he survived… What made him the perfect vessel for the curse? And how far will Doctor Alba go to recover her success story?
WEAPON X #9
(W) Greg Pak, Fred Van Lente (A) Marc Borstel, Ibraim Roberson (CA) Skan
THE HUNT FOR WEAPON H: PART 3
• SABERTOOTH believes WEAPON H must die, but OLD MAN LOGAN is intent on stopping him before he can.
• Weapon H is looking for answers, but only finds more questions and a more violent path.
• Will Logan find Weapon H before its purpose is fulfilled?
• Guest starring ALL-NEW WOLVERINE
WEAPON X #10
(W) Greg Pak, Fred Van Lente (A) Marc Borstel, Ibraim Roberson (CA) Stonehouse
THE HUNT FOR WEAPON H: PART 4
• LOGAN learns there is a facility with information on WEAPON H’s past
• Weapon H is under
• Will SABERTOOTH find a way to kill Weapon H before its past is uncovered?
Well, that does mean that a few folk were caught unawares when it came to ordering. And that tomorrow’s Totally Awesome Hulk #22 may feature the first appearance of whatever Weapon H is.
Here’s the cover in case you spot one in the wild. I’ve already had someone who ordered 25 from Midtown Comics to be told that he’s only getting one copy as they didn’t receive all their orders and they’ve had to allocate them…