The CW’s musical/comedy series Crazy Ex-Girlfriend is getting ready for its third season, and the show’s lead told her fans on Instagram about an upcoming guest star…singer Josh Groban.
Rachel Bloom posted: “@joshgroban is going to be on #crazyexgirlfriend but it’s a secret so don’t tell anyone,” along with a quick video of Groban popping into frame.
Groban just finished a Tony-nominated run in Natasha, Pierre & The Great Comet of 1812 and is now headed to West Covina. We can probably assume that Groban will be singing in his appearance…though it would be funny if he didn’t. Kind of like the way famous mime Marcel Marceau was the only one to speak in Mel Brooks‘s Silent Movie.
I have a problem with the show Crazy Ex-Girlfriend. The singing is good, the acting is good, star Rachel Bloom is talented…nothing wrong with any of that. My problem is I grew up in a city adjacent to West Covina, the city the show is set in — and in all the times I’ve been to that city in my life, not once have I seen a musical number just suddenly break out.
Season two ended with Rebecca (Bloom) being left at the alter by Josh (Vincent Rodriguez III), and the word is that season three will have a Fatal Attraction vibe going. So, if you’re a bunny in the West Covina area…RUN! HOP! FLEE!
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018