Wes Craig of Deadly Class and Toby Cypress of Omega Men have a new comic book out together from Image Comics in November. The Gravediggers Union is a horror series with some very familiar figures, out in November.
“With The Gravediggers Union, I tried to create an environmental horror story that mixes E.C Comics, H.P. Lovecraft’s horror, and a lot of dark humour,” said Craig. “I’m so proud of what we’re creating, and what Toby, Niko, and Jared are doing together is some of the most original looking comics I’ve ever seen.”
Cypress added: “The Gravediggers Union is a dream project. Wes is writing and designing a fun world with mystery and humor, and I’m having a great time drawing it. I think you will see everybody involved is bringing their top effort to the title because the Gravediggers are a group that the world seems to need today. We are updating the horror genre while keeping its best aesthetics. A Ghostbusters for a hopeless age of digital social graveyards, bloodsucking brand awareness, trolling zombie followers, and creeping death landfills.”
The Gravediggers Union is the story of Cole, Ortiz, and Haley, three members of a brotherhood who bury the dead in the day and make sure they stay buried at night. The supernatural world has gone haywire, and it’s all tied to a powerful cult called The Black Temple. They want to unleash ancient dark gods and bring about the end of mankind. At the centre of their plan is Morgan, prophet of the coming apocalypse and Cole’s estranged daughter. Can Cole save his daughter? Can the Gravediggers save mankind? And do we even deserve to be saved?
- So… What If Kitty and Colossus Don’t Get Married Either? - June 18, 2018
- Forbidden Planet Celebrates Its 40th Anniversary in July 2018 - June 18, 2018
- The Latest on Whether Billy Dee Williams Plays Lando Calrissian in Star Wars: Episode IX - June 18, 2018
- What Will Heroes in Crisis’s Shocking Opener Be? [Potential Spoilers] - June 17, 2018
- DC Creators Will Be Able to Use Shazam, Legion, and JSA Whether or Not Doomsday Clock Has Finished - June 17, 2018