You have to give The Dark Tower stars Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey credit for still doing press considering that the movie has been largely panned. They recently went did an interview with MTV and the conversation came to the Marvel movies. Elba was asked what role he would give McConaughey if he could and he gave an interesting answer. Matthew McConaughey as Young Odin?
Fair, but what if the right part came along in franchise — especially a Marvel one? Elba thinks that his Dark Tower co-star would be an excellent pick to play the younger version of Thor’s father, Odin, should that need ever work its way into a future Thor storyline: “Play a young version of him. Smash it.”
There’s pretty much no way they would get an actor of McConaughey’s calibre for a brief flashback scene but it seems like these two actors really got along on The Dark Tower. They would probably like to work together again on a better movie or at least a coherent one.
Summary: Imprisoned, the mighty Thor finds himself in a lethal gladiatorial contest against the Hulk, his former ally. Thor must fight for survival and race against time to prevent the all-powerful Hela from destroying his home and the Asgardian civilization.
Thor: Ragnarok, directed Taika Waititi, also stars Chris Hemsworth, Tom Hiddleston, Cate Blanchett, Jeff Goldblum, Idris Elba, and Mark Ruffalo. It will be released on November 3rd.
- Second Reel: Dredd (2012) Deserves a Sequel - November 18, 2018
- Widows Review: A Dynamic and Fantastic Heist Movie - November 18, 2018
- 5 Amazing Movies That You Probably Missed in 2018 - November 18, 2018
- Johnny Depp Continues to Shatter the Magic of Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald - November 16, 2018
- 5 New Character Posters for Mary Poppins Returns - November 16, 2018