My favorite Mortal Kombat memory has to be when the self-titled game came out in 2011 and I played for hours and hours until I reached Shao Kahn. Look, I love fighting games, but I’m not the best at them. So Kahn and myself got into what turned out to be an epic four-hour battle into the wee hours of the morning, with narrow defeats and Kahn domination continuing until finally, on a air kick, I took him down, yelling and screaming at the TV. It was a great moment in my personal gaming history (that my neighbors did not appreciate).
As I check out the new 1:12 scale Shao Kahn figure from Storm Collectibles, I can’t help but wonder if those memories will pour back in every time I look at this guy on my shelf. They look to have done a great job on this one:
Storm Collectibles presents our new Mortal Kombat action figure SHAO KAHN
Shao Kahn first appears in Mortal Kombat II in 1993 as the final boss and main antagonist. Shao Kahn was Outworld’s protector and an advisor to the realm’s rulers, Onaga. The Mortal Kombat tournament prevents him from taking the realm by force, but if Shao Kahn’s champions win 10 consecutive tournaments, Earthrealm will be his. As long as his champions Shang Tsung and Price Goro do not fail him, he will be victorious.
Mortal Kombat SHAO KAHN features:
- 2 x Interchangeable Head Sculpts
- Kahn’s Warlord Helmet
- Wrath Hammer
- Shao Kahn’s Throne
- 8 x Interchangeable palms
As cool as he looks just standing there all menacingly, the throne is what puts this one over the top. He just looks so cool sitting there, there is no possible way that this is not how he would be displayed in my collection. No actual release date is available currently, but he is up for preorder now for a forth quarter 2017 release. He is pricey at $94.99, but Storm does a wonderful job on their stuff, so it should be more than worth it.
- Mortal Kombat's Sub-Zero Is Live On Injustice 2 Today
- Nintendo Finally Releases Details On The Super NES Classic Edition
- 'Street Fighter V' Producer Admits 'Mortal Kombat' Influenced The Game's Direction
- Finally, Eddy Gordo, Has Come Back, To Tekken 7!
- Will We Be Getting A Mortal Kombat - Street Fighter Crossover?
- And The Winners Are.... The Bleeding Cool Reader's Awards
- Mortal Kombat Gets An Honest Trailer... A Really Honest Trailer
- Bond…James Bond To Take Over Stores Shelves From Funko - October 16, 2017
- Movie Trivia Schmoedown App Finally Lets You Play The Internet’s Best Trivia Game - October 14, 2017
- Kingdom Hearts Gets An Exclusive Funko Box At Gamestop, Let’s Dive In - October 14, 2017
- Zack Snyder Is The Only Credited Director On Justice League, Film Rated PG-13 - October 13, 2017
- Hot Toys’ Rey Jedi Training Figure Looks Amazing — And Porgs! - October 13, 2017