Sideshow Collectibles, home of some of the coolest comic and pop culture related merchandise, is branching out a bit into some unique designs for some very well known characters. The company has debuted a new collection called Gotham City Nightmare with the idea of what if you take character from the Batman comics and filter them through the Scarecrow’s fear gas? What would it look like? In other words, the creators and designers at Sideshow basically got set loose on some of DC’s most popular characters with carte blanche to create horror versions… and we get to see the first two results in the video below… Batman and the Joker.
The video goes into a lot of details on how the characters were designed, from taking the basic look of Batman and playing with the concept of the bat and the vampire aspect until you end up with a nightmarish version with two different heads, one that is a bit more human while the other is definitely not. And with the Joker, the designers decided to play with his insanity and pulling together as many elements of the character as possible… and again it comes with two faces with one pushing the absolute limits of horror.
If this doesn’t lead to a line of comics, then someone at DC is sleeping on the job.
- Watch The First Trailer For 'Batman vs. Two-Face'
- Charlie Cox and Elodie Yung Talk Daredevil and Elektra - December 10, 2017
- Warner Bros. Confirms DC Film Lineup, Including Justice League Dark - December 10, 2017
- New Orleans Saints Bountygate Whistleblower Hired by NFL - December 10, 2017
- 26-Year-Old Texans Player Might Have to Retire Because of Concussions - December 10, 2017
- Freedom Fighters: the Ray – ‘Destroy the Cortex, Save the World.’ - December 10, 2017