Rez Infinite got a surprise launch on PC today which comes with optional VR support for both SteamVR, through the HTC Vive, and the Oculus Rift.
The game is available now for the discounted price of $20 USD on Steam and the Oculus store. Starting on August 16, it will cost $25. The PC version of the game has a new View Mode, unrestricted resolution, and support for multiple controllers.
For a limited time, those who purchase Rez Infinite on Steam will get the Digital Deluxe DLC package for free. This comes with a seven-track digital soundtrack sampler by Hydelic, over 20 desktop wallpapers, a few original Rez avatars, and a digital excerpt from iam8bit’s Rez Infinite Retrospective art book.
“We are extremely excited to finally bring Rez/Rez Infinite to PC. It was a long time coming but now we have the best version yet, “ says Enhance Games founder and Rez creator Tetsuya Mizuguchi. “With 4K support, up to double the texture quality, advanced graphic options as well as multiple controller options, we hope to introduce our game to a new audience who’ve never played Rez before and those who haven’t picked it up in a while. It can also finally be experienced in VR with Oculus Rift and HTC VIVE.” Enhance Games also announced it will be releasing Rez Infinite for Daydream later this year.
Rez Infinite‘s features include:
- The Ultimate Package: Fully remastered classic Rez levels Areas 1 through 5, and an all-new free-flying experience in Area X.
- Highest Res Rez: Unrestricted resolution and up to double the texture resolution of any previous version of Rez makes for razor-sharp visuals.
- Enhanced Soundscapes: Full 3D audio for Rez’s incredible music and sound effects.
- VR Optional: The entire game is now playable on your PC desktop, or in full VR with your HTC VIVE or Oculus Rift headset and accompanying controllers (standard gamepads, Vive Controllers, and Oculus Remote and Touch controllers are all supported).
- View Mode: Take in the environment, or capture great moments by pressing “V” on keyboard. On desktop mode, use the left joystick, or hold left click and drag the mouse to look around. In VR, move your head to look around. Exit view mode by pressing V.
Rez Infinite was first released for PlayStation VR last year.
The PC launch trailer is below.
Rez Infinite now available on Steam (PC, HTC VIVE, Oculus) and Oculus stores! Playable on your desktop or in fully immersive VR.
- World Of Tanks Has Created A New Genre Of Metal - August 16, 2017
- Digital Sales Of ‘The Town Of Light’ Are Being Donated To Mental Health Awareness - August 16, 2017
- F1 2017 Boasts An Expanded Career Mode And A Championship Feature - August 16, 2017
- Prey Now Comes In A Trial Version - August 16, 2017
- Decepticon Shockwave Joins Transformers: Forged To Fight - August 10, 2017