With Mark Sheppard leaving Supernatural, there was a spot to fill and it seems that Lucifer’s son is going to take the opening. EW.com is reporting that Alexander Calvert, who was introduced as Jack in the show’s 12th season, will return as a series regular this fall.
According to the show, the character “struggles to understand the world he’s brought into, and the family that has taken him in” (AKA Sam and Dean Winchester). As the season continues, we’ll find ourselves asking: “Will he be good? Evil? Or something in between?” Lucifer was played in the 12th season by rock legend and actor Rick Springfield.
This was talked about during the Supernatural panel at Comic-Con, where we learned that the brothers are split on Jack’s existence. Sam (Jared Padalecki), the optimist, wants to figure out what to do with Jack and see how he turns out. Dean (Jensen Ackles), the realist, is a bit more practical and wants to shoot Jack in the face.
Prior to joining Supernatural, Calvert played Lonnie Machin/Anarky on Arrow and Hunter Gibbs AMC’s short-lived drama The Returned.
Supernatural Season 13 premieres on October 12th at 8 p.m. ET on The CW, where it will now lead into Season 6 of Arrow.
- NFL Post-Mortem: The 2017 Pittsburgh Steelers - February 24, 2018
- John Oliver Victorious: Lawsuit Against Last Week Tonight Dismissed - February 24, 2018
- Flash Season 4: What Does Iris West-Allen’s Costume Tell Us? - February 24, 2018
- Arrow Season 6: Back for Only 2 Weeks Before Taking Another Night Off - February 24, 2018
- Supergirl Season 3: Angela Zhou Added to Cast; Is She the Third Worldkiller? - February 24, 2018