With Mark Sheppard leaving Supernatural, there was a spot to fill and it seems that Lucifer’s son is going to take the opening. EW.com is reporting that Alexander Calvert, who was introduced as Jack in the show’s 12th season, will return as a series regular this fall.
According to the show, the character “struggles to understand the world he’s brought into, and the family that has taken him in” (AKA Sam and Dean Winchester). As the season continues, we’ll find ourselves asking: “Will he be good? Evil? Or something in between?” Lucifer was played in the 12th season by rock legend and actor Rick Springfield.
This was talked about during the Supernatural panel at Comic-Con, where we learned that the brothers are split on Jack’s existence. Sam (Jared Padalecki), the optimist, wants to figure out what to do with Jack and see how he turns out. Dean (Jensen Ackles), the realist, is a bit more practical and wants to shoot Jack in the face.
Prior to joining Supernatural, Calvert played Lonnie Machin/Anarky on Arrow and Hunter Gibbs AMC’s short-lived drama The Returned.
Supernatural Season 13 premieres on October 12th at 8 p.m. ET on The CW, where it will now lead into Season 6 of Arrow.
- Classic Video Game Galaga to Get Animated Series and Immersive Experience - December 15, 2017
- Read Sheena #1 Free from Dynamite’s 2017 Blockbuster Holiday Bundle - December 14, 2017
- DC in DC: MLK Weekend Filled with DC Superheroes and Premieres - December 14, 2017
- Exclusive Look Inside Elfquest: The Final Quest #23 - December 14, 2017
- Marvel’s Luke Cage Season 1: Looking at the Blu-Ray Release - December 14, 2017