With Mark Sheppard leaving Supernatural, there was a spot to fill and it seems that Lucifer’s son is going to take the opening. EW.com is reporting that Alexander Calvert, who was introduced as Jack in the show’s 12th season, will return as a series regular this fall.
According to the show, the character “struggles to understand the world he’s brought into, and the family that has taken him in” (AKA Sam and Dean Winchester). As the season continues, we’ll find ourselves asking: “Will he be good? Evil? Or something in between?” Lucifer was played in the 12th season by rock legend and actor Rick Springfield.
This was talked about during the Supernatural panel at Comic-Con, where we learned that the brothers are split on Jack’s existence. Sam (Jared Padalecki), the optimist, wants to figure out what to do with Jack and see how he turns out. Dean (Jensen Ackles), the realist, is a bit more practical and wants to shoot Jack in the face.
Prior to joining Supernatural, Calvert played Lonnie Machin/Anarky on Arrow and Hunter Gibbs AMC’s short-lived drama The Returned.
Supernatural Season 13 premieres on October 12th at 8 p.m. ET on The CW, where it will now lead into Season 6 of Arrow.
- Marvel’s The Defenders And The Use Of A MacGuffin - August 20, 2017
- Marvel’s The Defenders Takes The Street Corner Scene In 360 Video - August 20, 2017
- Ragman To Return To ‘Arrow’, Sometime… Maybe… - August 20, 2017
- The Dolphins Sign Rey Maualuga To Help Depleted Linebacker Corps - August 19, 2017
- Betty & Veronica: Vixens Lead The Archie Comics November 2017 Solicitations - August 19, 2017