Funko HQ opens its doors to the public next week, and it is shaping up to be an event that Funatics should not dare miss. There are now-official details for everyone to follow who will be in attendance, and they are as follows:
Saturday, August 19, 2017
Ribbon cutting: 9:30AM
- Due to anticipated attendance, entry into the Funko HQ Grand Opening will be a ticketed event!
- Tickets distribution will begin at 7:00am in the Wetmore Plaza area (the public space on Wetmore Ave north of Funko HQ, on the other side of California St) until all tickets are claimed. You will see a table and sign for ticket distribution in this area.
- Tickets are for one person for one trip through the store. You must be present at ticket distribution to receive a ticket. You will not be able to save a spot in line for somebody else.
- A new group will enter the store at the top of every hour between 10am and 7pm. The store will be cleared between each session. You will have one hour to browse, shop and experience Funko HQ!
- You will not be able to line up for your session until the previous session has entered the store. For example, the 11am session will not be able to line up until the 10am session has entered the store.
- Do not camp out or form a line outside the Funko HQ Wetmore Ave entrance before you have a ticket. Forming a line outside the store will not guarantee you first admittance into the store, as you will need a ticket for entry. Please follow the ticket distribution procedures above to gain entry to the Funko HQ store.
- Please avoid bringing oversized bags/luggage to the event. There will be limited storage space outside the store while you shop (based on availability). You will only be able to bring in a small purse/handbag inside the store. No backpacks or large bags will be permitted.
- Strollers will not be permitted inside the store. Stroller parking will be available outside the store entrance.
- Funko will not be held responsible for lost or stolen goods.
- The store will also be open on Sunday, 11:00AM-7:00PM.
- Regular store hours beginning August 21, 2017:
And what would a Funko event be without exclusives? Who knows if this is all there will be, my money is on no, but these have been revealed:
That Chrome Emerald Freddy is amazing, I really want to get my hands on that one. The Freddy holding the Space Needle is also adorable. I used to not get the appeal of collecting the Freddy Funko stuff, but I have completely swung the other way to wanting them all. Sike-O-Shriner is always a popular choice, as well, so expect demand on all four of these to be extremely high.
This however is my must-own. I love the Pint Size heroes line, and a Freddy Funko White Knight PSH, and a commemorative pin for the opening? I must have. Good news: if you make a purchase in the store while supplies last, it’s free!
We will be live on the ground next week for the festivities, so expect pictures and stories galore. And wish me luck getting these, because I am going to need it.
- Destiny 2 Gets Two Exclusive Funko Pops At GameStop For Fans To Chase Down
- Funko Insider Club: New From Gamestop Aims To Keep Fans Informed...And Rewarded
- Funko Offers The Most Adorable Dorbz Yet With DC Bombshells
- Funko Grabs All My Money With Star Wars Mystery Minis. Here Is Where The Exclusives Are.
- Deckard Funko Dorbz Make Harrison Ford Look Happier Than He Has In Years
- Funko Releasing New Predator Pop And TMNT Dorbz To Specialty Shops In November
- Funko Puts On The Best Show At SDCC... What Did I Just Witness?
- Funko Announces A Collaboration With Pez At Funko Fundays
- Funko Announces New Licences At Funko Fundays, including James Bond!
- A Subdued Preview Night With Funko At SDCC 2017
- Marvel Legends Take Over SDCC with Tons of Reveals! - July 21, 2018
- Jakks Pacific Brings Harry Potter, Nintendo, WWE, and Batman to SDCC - July 21, 2018
- Star Wars Collectibles from Sideshow, Kotobukiya, Anovos, and More Shown off at SDCC Panel - July 21, 2018
- ‘Halloween’ Thrills and Terrifies Hall H Crowd at SDCC - July 21, 2018
- WWE Collectors Have Tons to Be Excited About: Mattel WWE at SDCC - July 20, 2018