Capcom announced this week that Tim Bennison has joined Capcom Game Studio Vancouver as Chief Operating Officer and Studio Director. Bennison will head up the Vancouver operations, reporting to Kiichiro Urata, CEO of Capcom U.S.A., Inc. and Capcom Game Studio Vancouver. Which basically means Bennison will be overseeing pretty much everything to come out of the studio going forward.
“As our Chief Operating Officer and Studio Director, Tim will serve a vital role as a strategic partner for myself and the entire senior executive team. Tim will be responsible for the growth of Capcom Vancouver with a focus on quality, efficiency and commitment to our greatest asset – our people,” Urata said in a statment. “We look forward to having him join and expand the passionate, talented team at Capcom Vancouver and position the studio for continued success.”
Bennison brings with him a diverse background with over 20 years in the video game, technology and digital media industries that should serve him well at Capcom. He has experience leading teams of over 200 people and has held executive level positions at Radical Entertainment, Gener8 Digital Media and most recently served as COO of Eight Solutions. So he should have no problem picking up the reins of Capcom Vancouver. We wish him all the best in his new role.
Capcom Game Studio Vancouver was the team behind the ground-breaking Dead Rising series, and they are actively seeking talented professionals to join the expanding studio on several projects currently in development. So, you know, you may want to send out a resume.
- BC On Twitch: We Attempt FFXIV’s The Royal City Of Rabanastre Raid - October 17, 2017
- Dark Corner Has Launched A VR Horror App For Curated Horror Content - October 17, 2017
- Fruit Ninja Is Getting A Board Game Adaptation Thanks To Kickstarter - October 17, 2017
- Activision Has Patented A Matchmaking Algorithm Designed To Make You Spend Money - October 17, 2017
- Anime-Inspired VR Adventure Game Overturn Has An Exciting New Trailer - October 17, 2017