Matthew Weiner, creator of Mad Men, has a new series, and it’s rather unique. Today we have word that Aaron Eckhart (The Dark Knight) has joined the cast that already has stars Isabelle Huppert, Christina Hendricks, John Slattery, Marthe Keller, Jack Huston and Amanda Peet.
The Romanoffs is a contemporary anthology series telling the separate stories of people around the globe who believe they’re descendants of the Russian royal family. Weiner created the series and will write, direct, and executive produce it. The Romanoffs will debut on Amazon’s Prime Video next year.
Eckhart, played Harvey Dent / Two Face in Christopher Nolan’s The Dark Knight and made his name on his critically praised roles in The Company of Men and Erin Brockovich. He was most recently seen co-starring opposite Tom Hanks in Clint Eastwood’s Sully, and in Bleed for This with Miles Teller.
The Romanoffs, or Romanovs, was the second dynasty to rule Russia for over 300 years (1613-1917). It ended with the abdication of Tsar Nicholas II on March 15, 1917 after the February Revolution.
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018