There’s nothing like lounging outside on a summer afternoon, watching the sun go down over Walt Disney World. There’s many places you can actually do this, but one of my favorite spots is Trader Sam’s Tiki Terrace inside the Polynesian Village Resort. The Tiki Terrace is outside (next to the resort’s cafeteria), and offers small plates and some damn good mixed drinks. The terrace overlooks the water, surrounded by palm trees and torches — and on select nights they have live music.
I come here for the mixed drinks, mostly. I collect Disney Park cups, and those darling pearls are hard to resist. You can get them in the Polynesian Pearl (RumChata Cream Liqueur, Grand Marnier, and Cinnamon with Tropical Juices.), and if you’re lucky you may even get an elusive black pearl cup! Yes, you can keep the cup. The drink will set you back around $17 (yikes), but chances are you’re only in Disney maybe once a year. You can splurge on vacation, I promise. The drink is exceptional, and I’ve maybe had four or five in one sitting (and because I wanted the black pearl cup, which I got). As you can clearly see, I’m not exactly a cheap date.
If you’re in the Orlando area (specifically Disney), this is a great spot to relax after a long day at the park.
- Disney Teases At Some Marvel Day At Sea Fun - September 19, 2017
- Walk Like A Droid: Star Wars Shoes From Irregular Choice - September 18, 2017
- Nerd Food: Pumpkin Spice Churro Time At Disneyland! - September 18, 2017
- Happy National Cheeseburger Day, Jughead Jones - September 18, 2017
- Nerd Food: Harry Potter-Inspired Butterbeer - September 16, 2017