The CW dropped this video today showing some highlights for the last season of DC’s Legends of Tomorrow. It’s set to a song called Do You Feel Alive and is credited to Extreme Music, who I believe is a company that makes songs for trailers… this being ‘epic energetic vocal rock’. But that aside, it’s a cool video to remind us of just how cool Legends was last year. They introduced Steel, made Vixen a regular, brought back Jonah Hex, gave us the Justice Society including Lance Henriksen as Obsidian, gave us versions of George Lucas and J. R. R. Tolkien, gave us an episode where everyone was slapping Mick Rory and even had a villain called out for his villainous monologue.
The show is big, bold, over-the-top and fantastic and we already see that the next season will give us P.T. Barnum, Isis and freaking B’wana Beast. How far away can we be from Space Cabbie, Kamandi and Adam Strange? What about the New Gods and the Forever People. It’s like at some point Phil Klemmer and Marc Guggenheim decided anything goes and dared the writing staff to come up with something they’d say ‘no’ to.
Talking with a friend of mine today who said she had a hard time getting into the early seasons of Arrow, and I told her that the first season or two is dark (but good). But things start to lightening up once Barry Allen comes to town and now the whole Arrowverse feels like it’s written by comic fans for comic fans, but they don’t forget the non-fans. And Legends is the extra crazy one.
Can’t wait for these shows to return in October. 9th for Supergirl, 10th for Flash and Legends and 12th for Arrow.
- Gotham Season 4, Episode 5 Recap: A Dark Knight – The Blade’s Path - October 20, 2017
- It’s Flash Vs. Flash As DC Versus Pits Barry Allen Against Wally West - October 20, 2017
- Arrow Season 6: We’re Assured John Diggle Had A Life Before The Military - October 20, 2017
- The Perfect Early Holiday Gift Idea For Classic Game Lovers: The Art Of Atari - October 20, 2017
- Flash Season 4: Harrison Wells Returns Bearing Bad News - October 20, 2017