It isn’t too far fetched to say that the return of Summer Games to Overwatch was one of the worst kept secrets from dataminers who managed to find updates two months ago signaling the return of the event. Now we finally have an official date from Blizzard as August 8 will mark the official kickoff of the games. You can expect Lúcioball to make a return, which is an Overwatch take on soccer where two teams of Lúcios play against each other using his skills and weapons. But to spice things up, the devs are adding a map for Sydney, along with new character balances.
Of course, no event would be complete without skins, and thankfully Blizzard is giving you the chance to get new versions as well as the old ones you missed out on. Each set has their own specific prices, so here’s a quick rundown of what you could get below. You can also watch the full video from Jeff Kaplan in the latest Developer Update video for more details.
2017 Summer Games Items
- Legendary Skins will cost 3,000 credits
- Epic Skins will cost 750 credits
- Rare tier will cost 225 credits
- Common tier will cost 75 credits
2016 Summer Games Items
- Legendary Skins will cost 1,000 credits
- Epic Skins will cost 250 credits
- Rare tier will cost 75 credits
- Common tier will cost 25 credits