A year ago, Neal Adams was insisting he was not going to be writing any new Deadman comics, the DC character he spent a long time working on in the seventies, anytime soon.
But a year is a long time in comic books. And it was recently announced that he would be writing and drawing a new Deadan series starting in November, with a glow-in-the-dark cover to boot.
And he’s going to going to reveal more about Deadman’s origin. That he was never assassinated as a test as part of an initiation into a society of contract killers. It’s all to do with a deal that Boston Brand’s father made with Ra’al Ghul to save his mother’s life…
Basically, everything you knew was wrong, And in Deadman, starting in November from Neal Adams, will put that all right…
Written by NEAL ADAMS
Art and cover by NEAL ADAMS
“Journey into Death” part one! When we last left Deadman, the true story had barely begun! Deadman’s death was unsolved, and his fate was intertwined with that of his parents and siblings. Even the Dark Night Detective couldn’t solve the mysteries of Boston Brand’s fantastic secrets! Now, Batman is back, confronting Deadman about who was really behind his death. Was Boston Brand’s assassination a test for the League of Assassins? Why does Batman think Ra’s al Ghul was involved? And why does Deadman need the help of Zatanna, Phantom Stranger, Dr. Fate and the Spectre to defend Nanda Parbat?
ADVANCE SOLICITED • On sale NOVEMBER 1 • 32 pg, FC, 1 of 6
GLOW-IN-THE-DARK COVER: $4.99 US • NON-GLOW-IN-THE-DARK COVER: $3.99 • RATED T+
- Ten Thoughts about Doctor Who Series 11 Finale: The Battle Of Ranskoor Av Kolos - December 9, 2018
- BBC Confirms: No Doctor Who Series 12 Until 2020 - December 9, 2018
- “The DNA Of The Most Dangerous Creature In the Universe” – Trailer For Resolution, The Doctor Who New Year’s Day 2019 Special - December 9, 2018
- Ollie’s Outlets Selling $3.3 Million of Graphic Novels at 80% Off - December 9, 2018
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List, 9th December 2018, “DC Killed It This Week” – and Then Die… - December 9, 2018