Seems like today is going to be all about The Flash cast news, but not as much whose coming in but who may be on the way out. We’ve already covered Tom Felton not returning as a series regular and now it seems another character who was speculated as being around more won’t be. Jessica Camacho plays the Earth-19 bounty hunter Gypsy who has a romantic connection with Cisco Ramon (Carlos Valdes) of Team Flash. It was expected that her character would be around more in season four, strengthened by the recent casting of Danny Trejo to play her father, Breacher.
But TVLine is reporting that Camacho has signed on as a series regular for the revamped second season of NBC’s Taken. The series is being majorly overhauled under new showrunner Greg Plagerman, letting go six series regulars from the first season and only keeping Clive Standen (Bryan Mills) and Jennifer Beals (Christina Hart). Camacho will play Santana, a scary-smart, rule-breaking former Army captain who possesses an acerbic wit and calculated bravado. Her forte is logistics.
Though Camacho was not a series regular on The Flash, it was expected for her to continue as a recurring with the addition of Trejo. But as a series regular on another series on another network, it may be difficult to arrange schedules unless it was already worked into her contract. How this will effect the Flash storylines and the relationship between Gypsy and Cisco remains to be seen.
- iZombie Season 4: Did the Writers Name Liv’s New Love Interest Based on This Ship Name? - March 23, 2018
- Luke Cage’s Mike Colter to Appear on The Good Fight Season 2 - March 23, 2018
- Gifted Season 2: Amy Acker Wants to Get Out of the Mom Realm - March 23, 2018
- Lucifer Season 3: Mazikeen Really Wants to Go Back to Hell - March 23, 2018
- Writer’s Commentary: Jeremy Whitley on Vampirella #11 - March 23, 2018