Seems like today is going to be all about The Flash cast news, but not as much whose coming in but who may be on the way out. We’ve already covered Tom Felton not returning as a series regular and now it seems another character who was speculated as being around more won’t be. Jessica Camacho plays the Earth-19 bounty hunter Gypsy who has a romantic connection with Cisco Ramon (Carlos Valdes) of Team Flash. It was expected that her character would be around more in season four, strengthened by the recent casting of Danny Trejo to play her father, Breacher.
But TVLine is reporting that Camacho has signed on as a series regular for the revamped second season of NBC’s Taken. The series is being majorly overhauled under new showrunner Greg Plagerman, letting go six series regulars from the first season and only keeping Clive Standen (Bryan Mills) and Jennifer Beals (Christina Hart). Camacho will play Santana, a scary-smart, rule-breaking former Army captain who possesses an acerbic wit and calculated bravado. Her forte is logistics.
Though Camacho was not a series regular on The Flash, it was expected for her to continue as a recurring with the addition of Trejo. But as a series regular on another series on another network, it may be difficult to arrange schedules unless it was already worked into her contract. How this will effect the Flash storylines and the relationship between Gypsy and Cisco remains to be seen.
- Black Lightning Season 1: Resurrection of a Hero Is Bad for Business - December 13, 2017
- Read Bettie Page #1 Free from Dynamite’s 2017 Blockbuster Holiday Bundle - December 12, 2017
- Exclusive Extended Previews: Sheena #4, Skin & Earth #6, and Hack/Slash vs. Vampirella #3 - December 12, 2017
- Shazam! Adds ‘Fresh Off the Boat’ Actor Ian Chen to Growing Cast - December 12, 2017
- Homeland Season 7: Carrie is Back in Washington D.C. - December 12, 2017